Chart trader not working as expected for SLM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chart trader not working as expected for SLM

I placed a sell SLM with -4 ticks. The stop is triggered, and the limit orders are placed -4 ticks the stop price, let's say at 4000.00. This is expected.

When I want to move the limit orders by clicking, dragging, and clicking directly on the chart, the limit orders are offset by another 4 ticks. (not expected)

Example: let's say I want to move the limit orders from 4000.00 to 4001.00, when I click again to submit at 4001.00, the limit orders are moved to 4002.00

Why is this?
    Last edited by jtrading82; 02-27-2023, 12:54 PM.

Hello jtrading82,

Thank you for your post!

Are you using an ATM Strategy with your orders? If so, can you please post a screenshot of the entire ATM Strategy's properties so I may test on my end? Also, if you right-click in your chart trader panel > Properties > do you have the "predefined stop limit offset" box checked? If so, what number do you have here for the offset?

Please also detail each step you take to produce this so I may test on my end including the exact order types you are using and the actions you take.
    Kennedy M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

​​​Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	15.4 KB ID:	1237164

1) Action: enter stop-order on DOM using mouse-wheel click, set offset to -4
      2) Event: SLM shows up as submitted on Chart Trader
      3) Event: SLM stop entry is hit on chart trader
      4) Event: limit orders are working on chart trader
      5) Action: Click on the limit orders and move the limit to a different price i.e. 4001.00, click again to submit
      6) Event: the limit orders are submitted at the offset and updated to 4002.00 (this is a sell SLM)

Stop limit offset in Chart Trader properties does not seem to be active:

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	32.3 KB ID:	1237165

Comment

Hello jtrading82,

Thank you for this.

I've done some research on this for NinjaTrader 7 and it appears that the stop limit offset is fixed at 20 ticks in NinjaTrader 7, can't be changed, and it applies to every Stop Limit order in ATMs. Below are some other forum posts regarding this for better understanding:As NinjaTrader 7 is not being updated any longer, if you do not want to experience this while using Stop Limit orders, you could migrate over to NinjaTrader 8.

Please let us know if further assistance is needed.
        Kennedy M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I am not confident this is the same issue.

1) the offset is only 4 ticks and is referring to the slm order
          2) I am referring to changing the limit order from a SLM after the stop has been triggered

​​​​​​

Comment

Hello jtrading82,

I'm able to reproduce the issue when I test it on my end. Limit orders triggered by simulated stop orders (stop limit orders with a negative offset) don't modify to the correct price in ChartTrader. I will create a bug report for Development. Thank you for reporting.

When I test it in the SuperDOM in NinjaTrader 7, the limit order is modified correctly. I suggest to modify the order that way.

The issue does not happen in NinjaTrader 8. Limit orders triggered by simulated stop orders modify at the correct price in ChartTrader.
            JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Jason, I confirm workaround of modifying limit orders in DOM works as expected

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Brevo, Today, 01:45 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post Brevo
              by Brevo

Started by aussugardefender, Today, 01:07 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes