Multiple workspaces quandry.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple workspaces quandry.

I have two workspaces. The first utilizes a mixture of charts, Market Analyzer windows, and a static superdom. They are all linked together and use the YM symbol.

The second workspace was built from the first. It uses the same charts, Market Analyzers, etc. This workspace uses the TF symbol. All I did in creating this workspace was to change all references from YM in the first workspace to TF in the second workspace so they too are also linked. (Same as the first workspace, just used TF instead of YM). Saved it under a different name.

If I load the YM workspace and view it all seems fine in the YM workspace. If I then load the TF workspace (and not close the YM workspace) and view the TF workspace all still seems fine. However, when I go to File:Workspaces and toggle back to the YM workspace all my charts remain the TF charts and my MA windows are all YM. I essentially get a hodgepodge of the two workspaces. I haven't saved this hodepodge and if I shut everything down and restart then I can use the 2 workspaces independently but I cannot have them running simultaneously and toggle between them without getting this "hybrid" of the two workspaces appearing.

I would like to be able to toggle back and forth between these two workspaces. Any thoughts on what's happening? Are the linked charts mysteriously crossing workspace boundaries? Thanks.

Hi Higler,

Please open your NinjaTrader and toggle through the workspaces using the shift + F3 function and let me know if this still occurs.
    MichaelNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Yep. Same problem. The workspace name at the top of Control Center shows the correct workspace name when toggling, but the displayed YM workspace is still a hybrid. So far, I have loaded the YM workspace first followed by the TF workspace and the YM becomes the hybrid when toggling between them. I have not, as yet, reversed the order to see if the TF becomes the hybrid when loaded first. Thanks.

Comment

Hi,

Please delete your workspaces using the directions provided then create brand new workspaces, this time please create new charts to be saved in your workspaces instead saving existing charts with different symbols.

To delete your workspaces:
        • Please close NinjaTrader and go to your desktop Start menu
        • Open My Documents
        • Go to the NinjaTrader 6.5 folder
        • Go to the Workspaces folder
        • Right click on all XML documents and select Delete
        • Now restart the application and it should start up normally
        MichaelNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I'll do it and report back. It seems like it should clean everything up since I will be creating each workspace independently. I'd been trying to avoid doing that because of the time it will take. It will take me a couple of days since each workspace has multiple charts and windows with multiple indicators on each so I need to carefully document them and all the various settings before wiping them out and separately recreating them.

Comment

EDIT: You're welcome.
            Last edited by Frankenstein; 12-05-2008, 10:31 PM.

Comment

Frankenstein - Thank you very much!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by llanqui, Yesterday, 09:59 AM
              2 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post llanqui
              by llanqui

Started by ThoriSten, Today, 03:56 AM