Previous day data repeated?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Previous day data repeated?

I was just working with yesterday (11/25) charts for HOG. My local PC clock turned past midnight... and then when I launched a new chart, now I see data from 11/25 repeated as the data for 11/26.

See attached image.

Note, closing/restarting NinjaTrader didn't help.

Further note, if I connect a strategy to this... it thinks it sees bars. It sees bars at 5:45 AM -6:35 AM, and then 1:00 PM - 1:40 PM.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by heech; 11-26-2008, 02:22 AM.

I suggest to check if your PC clock and time zone setting is setup correctly. NinjaTrader uses your PC clock to display the time in the charts and time stamp price bars.

If all is setup correctly, please tell me what data feed you are connected to when this chart was created. Try reloading historical data (right click chart-->Reload Historical Data) and check if this will make a difference.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
      I suggest to check if your PC clock and time zone setting is setup correctly. NinjaTrader uses your PC clock to display the time in the charts and time stamp price bars.

If all is setup correctly, please tell me what data feed you are connected to when this chart was created. Try reloading historical data (right click chart-->Reload Historical Data) and check if this will make a difference.
      Jason,

I was able to duplicate this on two different machines, each with correct timezone and time setting (synchronized weekly). Reloading historical data did nothing.

Data feed = TDAmeritrade.

I'm guessing waiting until after 1 AM probably solved the problem, but I wasn't up to see it. Everything was working correctly this morning.

Comment

Hi Heech,

I tested the HOG on my end while connected to TD AMERITRADE, but could not reproduce the issue.

Please let me know if the issue persists upon creating a new chart after midnight.
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi Heech,

I tested the HOG on my end while connected to TD AMERITRADE, but could not reproduce the issue.

Please let me know if the issue persists upon creating a new chart after midnight.
          Jason,

I have just tried this, and the issue showed up again. (It happens to be 12:09 AM, and I get the feeling that's a requirement for this error.)

So, just to nail down the scenario:

- after midnight PST (until.. 1 AM? don't know, not staying up to find out),
          - using TDA as only data feed/broker,
          - open any chart.

And yesterday's chart is repeated for today. See screen-shot in first post.

NOTE: Has to be a *new* symbol/chart. If you open a chart for a symbol you had opened before midnight, it appears to look correct.. perhaps pulling up cached data?
          Last edited by heech; 12-03-2008, 02:12 AM.

Comment

Hi heech,

Can you please check if the current date (new date, 12/3 in your case) is selected in the 'Last date' field in the Format Data Series window upon opening the new chart in the scenario you described.

Comment

Hi heech,

Can you please check if the current date (new date, 12/3 in your case) is selected in the 'Last date' field in the Format Data Series window upon opening the new chart in the scenario you described.
              Jason,

I always select "x days back". The number I originally wanted was actually 7 days back, but in testing to make sure the problem exists... I also tried 2, 3 days back. Same result in all cases.

Let me also add this "wrong" data appears to be in the historical data database, now. Loading the same chart this morning gives the same problem. Loading a different chart works correctly. After I reset historical data for that instrument, chart seems to be okay.
              Last edited by heech; 12-03-2008, 10:35 AM.

Comment

Hi heech,

I see, but eventhough you use the "Days back" setting, can you please check if the "Last date" field is set to the current date when creating a new chart just past midnight.

Comment

Hi heech,

I see, but eventhough you use the "Days back" setting, can you please check if the "Last date" field is set to the current date when creating a new chart just past midnight.
                  Jason,

Gotcha. Everything looks okay now of course, I'll check next time it's past midnight.

Comment

Hi heech,

Jason,

Just tested it (12:15 AM over here). "Last date" field is set to 12/4, today's date. I still used "2 days back" to pull up the chart, and the chart is again wrong.

Comment

The problem applies to more than just charts.

I'm running backtests, and was mystified by my results... until I turned on a higher level of debugging, and figured out it's also seeing bars from 12/4. (It is 12:54 AM, still connected to TDA.)

Comment

I will test creating a new chart just past midnight on my end and see if I can reproduce the same outcome.

Once I am finished testing, I will let you know the outcome.

Comment

Hi heech,

I tested it on my end by modfying my time zone to (GMT+11:00) Magadan, but I could not reproduce the behavior.

At 12:04 I created a GOOG chart, which I did not create before. I created a YHOO chart as well a minute later and as you can see data is reflected corrrectly under the new date.

Since historical char data is saved in your database, I suggest to rename your database. Close NinjaTrader and go to My Documents-->NinjaTrader 6.5-->db and rename the 'NinjaTrader' database to 'OldNinjaTrader.mdb'.
                          Start NinjaTrader and let me know if the behavior persist.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Hi heech,

I tested it on my end by modfying my time zone to (GMT+11:00) Magadan, but I could not reproduce the behavior.
                            Jason,

Might not be enough to change your time zone. It's probably some combination of the values I'm getting from TDA at that specific moment, combined with my PST midnight setting. You guys need to pay someone to stay up after midnight PST to test this. Or, setup a macros to test it.

I have seen this exact behavior on 3 independent machines with totally different database (installed NT at different times). I don't think it's a database/corruption issue.

Comment

Hi heech,

We will test creating a chart 5 minutes after midnight with the machine set to Pacific time for a 'new' instrument while connected to TD AMERITRADE on our end.

I will let you know the outcome tomorrow.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by pibrew, Today, 06:37 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post pibrew
                              by pibrew

Started by rbeckmann05, Yesterday, 06:48 PM
                              1 response