Collapse

Re work spaces & Ninja script assembly - deleting and then restoring back later

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re work spaces & Ninja script assembly - deleting and then restoring back later

Can I import back in a deleted custom ninja script assembly from my backup file?

Hello Shotgun,

Thank you for your post!

Importing from a backup file will overwrite any preexisting files in the selected categories.

If you are okay with the backup file overwriting your existing NinjaScript files and replacing them with the ones in the backup, you can go to Tools > Import > Backup file > Select your backup file > Uncheck any boxes depending on what you want to import from the backup file (you can just select NinjaScript files if that's all you want to import) > Import.

I've provided our help guide below on Restoring a Backup file:Please let me know if further assistance is needed!
    Kennedy M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Shotgun,

NT backup files can be opened and used as ZIP files. DON'T click on the back file in File Explore, that causes NT to open and restore the whole backup file over your newer NT files. Instead, open it with WinZip and unzip the single file that you need. What I do to avoid a Murphy's Law incident while working with the file is to copy and paste the NT backup file then rename the copy, adding a .zip extension to the copy's full file name. If the file being unzipped exists in NT then I rename it first, adding a .old extension, so that it won't be over written.
      Last edited by Jim W.; 10-05-2022, 02:54 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by DJ888, Today, 10:57 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post DJ888
      by DJ888

Started by MacDad, 02-25-2024, 11:48 PM
      7 responses
      0 likes