Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help!

Okay, so I had put 2k in my account and was trading NQ and ES with no issues. I ended up losing some trades which brought my account down a bit so I put some more money in to put me back at 2k. I now get this error message every time I try to place a trade, and I can only trade one signal micro ES contract.

Hello Username0000,

Thank you for writing in.

CRITICAL — If your inquiry involves live orders, please always reach out to your broker's Orders Desk immediately to confirm and manage your live orders and positions.

In the future, any time you have questions about live orders pertaining to your live account, it would be recommended to write in to PlatformSupport (at) NinjaTrader (dot) com with your questions along with the Order ID and log and trace files so we can look into your order and provide further specific information.
    • The Forum is a publicly facing location so we do not want to discuss any kind of private or personal account or order information over the Forum.

In general though, the error message you are receiving normally means that there are not enough funds in the account to hold the position you are trying to enter.
    • Looking at the message, we can see that the Position you are trying to enter would increate the margin to $11,000 while the account only has $1,923 in it.
    • The account would need 11K or more in it to hold the position you are trying to open.
    Again, if you would like to discuss this order in regard to you and your account more specifically, please write into platform support as mentioned above.
    • Include "Clayton ATTN 03274875" in the subject line so the message comes to me and so I can look into this order further.

Please let us know if we may provide any further assistance.

Clayton G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Right, but why would it say I need 11k to hold that position? The margin to buy an ES contract is only 500. Thanks for the response

Comment

Hello Username0000,

Thank you for the follow up question.

Again, this would best be discussed with your Orders Desk directly. In the future, if you ever have an error with a live order reach out to your orders desk first.
        • If you need further support and information after that, send a message to NinjaTrader's support team directly so we can discuss the order in great detail and look through your log and trace files to provide you with a detailed response.

Since we are discussing this in the Forum, we will want to remain vague.

Since you mentioned you were a NinjaTrader Brokerage user, we can refer to the following link to see the Margins. You will notice that 11K is the price for the "Initial Margin" on the ES.Please visit the following link for more information on Margins and NinjaTrader:
        If you have any further questions about this specific order, please use the following steps to send your Log and Trace files directly to us so we may analyze things further:
        • Go to the Control Center > Help > Email Support
        • Select: Platform Technical Support
        • Enter the subject as: Clayton ATTN 03274875"
        • Include any additional information in the Body as desired
        • Ensure the "Log and trace files" box is checked
          • Send the email
        ​Please let us know if we may provide any further support or information.
        Clayton G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
        5 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Bidder
        by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM
        4 responses