Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP* Issue making a backup in a MACBOOK AIR* HELP

Issue making a backup in a MAC
    I can´t export a Backup from my NT8 installed in Parallels (macbook), always show a message saying "Is not possible get access to the file/db/ninjatrader.sdf because is being used in other process.

I did read about to uncheck the share files on the parallels setup, but, I did, then when I try to open NT8 it does not work.

THANK YOU!!!

Hello vicely,

Thank you for using NinjaTrader.

Please double-check these configuration settings for Parallels to ensure that NinjaTrader 8 has complete access to its own files to create a backup.

Mac Installation - Configuring NinjaTrader for Parallels

When installing NinjaTrader on a Mac using Parallels users will need to ensure that the following steps have been taken prior to the installation of NinjaTrader.
    1. Start Parallels and select your virtual machine
    2. Press the "Configure" button on the top
    3. Under "Options", select "Sharing"
    4. Uncheck "Share Mac" under "Share Mac User Folders with Windows"
    5. Press "OK" and start the virtual machine
    These additional steps below may also help, and I would recommend restarting and updating Windows as well.

Windows Firewall/Anti-Virus

First, please check for any virus protection, firewall, and backup software you may be running, and add exceptions for NinjaTrader so that they do not interfere with NinjaTrader's operation.

"Hidden" and "Read-only" Folder Settings

Next, try to adjust the read/write protection for NinjaTrader 8's documents folder:
    • Go to your Computer\Documents folder > right-click on the NinjaTrader 8 folder > select "Properties".
    • From the Folder properties, ensure that the Attributes have both "Read-only" and "Hidden" unchecked.
    • When prompted to Confirm Attribute Changes, please make sure to select "apply changes to this folder, subfolders, and files" and press OK.
    • Re-open the platform to see if the error persists

Disable Controlled Folder Access

Next, press the "Windows Key" on your keyboard > Search for "Controlled Folder Access" > Click on "Controlled Folder Access" > Turn "Controlled Folder Access" off if it is enabled
    • This can be restricted by administrator settings. If you are unable to access this setting, please contact your network/PC administrator.
    • Additional information on Controlled Folder Access may be read at this publicly-available link from Microsoft's website: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...ndows-security

Please let me know if these solutions work for you, and feel free to ask any questions you may have as you work.

Justin D.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by burtoninlondon, Today, 12:38 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post burtoninlondon  
    Started by AaronKoRn, Yesterday, 09:49 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes