keeping orders separate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

keeping orders separate

Im using ninjatrader 7. I have been testing strategies in SIM. this is one thing i cant figure out. When i use an ATM strategy and i have the settings set to "Keep Selected ATM Strategy Template on Order Submission"... Here is one example of what it does.. Lets say i have the ATM set to BUY and SELL at the same price with 8 tick stop and 4 tick profit. when it enters the trade and it moves up 4 ticks, instead of taking profit on the BUY, it stacks the two orders at that target price. then it must move DOWN 8 ticks in order to take the profit on both trades... im wanting it to take the profit on the first target hit and the second trade keep working. is this possible? Any help is appreciated

Hello ddot300,

Thank you for the note.

Please remember that your Orders are being submitted to the Brokerage and Exchange and being filled by your Brokerage and Exchange.
    • NinjaTrader has no control over where your orders actually get filled once they have been "Accepted" or "Working" at the Brokerage/Exchange
    • The orders are filled by the Exchange, at the Exchange and then the NinjaTrader platform is just provided with an update of what happened with the order

As well, the majority of brokerages that connect to NinjaTrader use "FIFO" or "First In First Out" for the way that orders are handled.

So, this means that your positions will be exited in the order they were entered.

Even though you have a set of Targets from Position 1 and another set of Targets from Position 2, if you hit a Target that was created when you entered Position 2 First, this will match up with Position 1 and then exit that.
    • Again, the positions will be exited in the order they were entered, it does not matter which Profit/Stop Loss Target was hit that causes the order to fill.

While NinjaTrader helps maintain your position in FIFO, this is being controlled by your underlying Broker/Exchange.
    For more information on FIFO and how it affects the orders on your account, please reach out to your broker directly for more information.
    Clayton G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by aussugardefender, Today, 01:07 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post aussugardefender  
    Started by pvincent, 06-23-2022, 12:53 PM
    14 responses
    0 likes