Times on x-axis chart disappear?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Times on x-axis chart disappear?

I have a 5min chart open. If I load 3 days the times on the x-axis show up on my chart. If I load 5 days they disappear. Using session CME US Index Futures RTH. Why is this?

Hello jtrading82,

I'm not able to reproduce this on my end when I test this in NinjaTrader 7. Are you able to reproduce this in a newly created chart without a chart template or indicators applied?

Can you please click and hold the left mouse button below the x-axis and move left or right. This will (de)compress the x-axis and should change the times listed on the x-axis.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Compressing/decompressing x-axis did not show any times.

New chart does not have this issue, I'll just use a new chart. Was wondering if there was some setting I missed. Thanks

Comment

I am getting this issue again on new charts. It seems to be related when I load my chart template. I tried using different color chart backgrounds, still no times. Is there a setting somewhere to show times?

Other chart templates seem to be ok. I haven't adjusted my current chart template, so not sure why times are no longer showing.
        Last edited by jtrading82; 04-19-2022, 01:46 PM.

Comment

Hello jtrading82,

Thank you for your response.

It looks like the overall Text Color option within the Chart Properties window dictates the color of the Times on your chart. After you load your template, right-click on the chart and select 'Properties' to double-check that the Text Color is still set to something brighter. If it is but the numbers disappear, I recommend manually recreating this chart template and removing the old one as it may have an error.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.
          Justin D.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Which one is Text Color option?

Click image for larger version

Name:	chart properties.JPG
Views:	167
Size:	101.6 KB
ID:	1198138

Comment

I think I found a definitive culprit. I switched to CME US Index Futures ETH and the times show up. I switch to CME US Index Futures RTH and the times disappear. Why is this? I am looking at ES and MES contracts.

Comment

Hello jtrading82,

Thank you for your response.

So far I have not been able to replicate this on my own platform, and I apologize but my original text change color settings were for NinjaTrader 8, not NinjaTrader 7. Since there aren't any text color customization options in NinjaTrader 7 specifically, we will not need to worry about that affecting the text on these charts. Let's try removing all the current Session Templates by renaming your database to see if this resolves the behavior.

You can rename your database by following the steps below.
                • Shutdown NinjaTrader and Go to the Start Menu
                • Select My Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> db--> "NinjaTrader.sdf" file (may only say 'NinjaTrader' depending on your Windows File Explorer settings)
                • Right-click on NinjaTrader.sdf and select "Rename." *Name it "OLDNinjaTrader.sdf."
                • Then restart the software and NinjaTrader will create a fresh database file to use
                • If this works, unfortunately, the following items stored in the old database will be lost - ATM Strategy templates, Session templates, Instrument Lists / Custom Instruments, historical trade execution data, saved Strategy Analyzer backtest results. If this test does not work, please feel free to remove the new database and rename "OLDNInjaTrader.sdf" back to its original name.

To prevent running into situations where you can potentially lose important data, we advise running regular backups via our inbuilt backup feature in NinjaTrader.
                Please let me know the results of this test. I look forward to your response.
                Justin D.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Just wanted to update, I logged back on yesterday and today, and the times on the charts have reappeared and stayed on. I did not reset/repair the DB or change any settings. Not sure what the issue is as I did not change anything.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by Haiasi, 04-25-2024, 06:53 PM
                  2 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post Massinisa  
                  Started by Creamers, Today, 05:32 AM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post Creamers