Entry with Target and Stop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Entry with Target and Stop

Hi, I am not sure if I am reaching the right person to make a suggestion about placing an order with a n Entry Stop and a Target prior to fill entry order, it is normally available on any other platform, Thank you.

Hello josephgueta,

Thank you for writing in.

Within NinjaTrader, these are called ATM Strategies. ATM stands for Advanced Trade Managment.
    • An ATM Strategy allows you to predefine multiple Profit and Stop Loss Targets a specified distance away from your entry price and add additional features like a Trailing stop.
    Please follow along with all of the publicly available videos below for a full introduction to using ATM Strategies within NinjaTrader 8:
    Clayton G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you, However I am familiar with your ATM there is no way to place an order with pre defined entry and target unless you actually enter digits in to the ATM, What I am referring to is to is a little different, see attached. in this snapshot you can see how simple way to place entry target and stop without open an ATM where you need enter actual price numbers which takes forever.
      THANK YOU
      Attached Files

Comment

I know it is a little hard to explain via text but I will try, in Ninja you can pre set pareameters in the ATM of ticks or price but with that set the stop and target will only trigger after the buy or sell order was filled, it makes it extremly hard to set and forget orders since every order is different than the other and target and stop need to be places in different locations, so if there was a way where stop and target was to show on the chart or DOM just like the attached picture show then one can drag it to desire location, I hope you can understand what I say.
        Thank you

Comment

Hello josephgueta,

Thank you for the follow-up information.

We already have a feature request submitted for the Ability to see an ATM Strategy's targets before it is triggered and I am adding your vote.
          • The internal tracking number for this feature request is SFT-2338. Please reference this internal tracking number when contacting Platform Support if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

At this time, the ATM Strategies would be the closest thing to what you are describing.
          • There is no way to see the Profit and Stop Loss targets on the window before the Entry order fills.
          • The NinjaTrader platform doesn't show an order line unless an order actually exists at that price.
          You are able to pre-configure multiple different ATM Strategies and select the desired one when placing different orders.
          • If you submit a Limit, MIT, Stop Market, or Stop Limit order, you are able to attach an ATM Strategy to the order so that the targets are automatically placed when the order fills.
          • If you wanted to adjust/move the targets from their starting price, you are welcome to do that by clicking the order tile and then click at the new price you want to move the order to.

You could also manually place an OCO Pair which doesn't require setting up an ATM Strategy:
          • Right-click on the Chart Trader panel or Order Entry window > Click "OCO Order"
          • Place 2 orders
          • Right-click and Turn OFF OCO Order
            • The two orders will now be in an OCO Pair together
            • These orders are actually submitted and working so if the market touches one of these targets, it will fill and cancel the other.
          • Here is a publicly available video that demonstrates using OCO orders:

Otherwise, you would need to create a custom NinjaScript Strategy or find a developer who has already created a NinjaScript Strategy that adds the functionality you are looking for.
          Last edited by NinjaTrader_Clayton; 03-09-2022, 03:36 PM.
          Clayton G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I appreciate your input I know what you mean and will wait for the feature request is SFT-2338. to be available, since I don't like to be seating in front of my computer until the order is fill it would be great to have the ability have this feature.
            Thank you.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by poplagelu, Today, 05:00 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post poplagelu  
            Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
            5 responses
            0 likes