Holding mouse down and number of contracts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holding mouse down and number of contracts

Hi I have the hot key set up (ALT-Q) to buy market and have also assigned my left side mouse button to trigger an ALT-Q. If my left side mouse button gets stuck on if I hold it for a second or two I notice up to 50 contracts can be bought. Is this normal activity?

Hello postalman,

Thank you for your note.

It would depend on how your mouse is configured, although I suspect that holding down the mouse button would be the same as holding down the key combo on your keyboard and could result in multiple of the same command being sent repeatedly to the platform. One way around this would be to turn on order submission confirmation at Control Center > Tools > Options > Trading > Confirm order placement. Otherwise, if you are expecting the mouse button to only submit the command one time, you may need to look into support from your mouse manufacturer or the software you use to map the key combo to your mouse button to determine if there is a way to set a single click to only submit one command rather than a click + hold to send multiple commands.

I was able to test Alt + Q for buy market on the sim account. When I hold down Alt + Q and turn off order placement confirmation messages, multiple orders are submitted for the duration that I hold down the keys. This is expected behavior.

For additional information about hot keys:

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
    Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by DJ888, Today, 10:57 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post DJ888
    by DJ888

Started by MacDad, 02-25-2024, 11:48 PM
    7 responses