Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Volume problem question

Hello.

I have Kinetick Data service subscription (Kinetick Basic Service + RT NASDAQ Level 1 Non Pro + NYSE Non-Pro Exchange Fee)

and noticed: Tick data is correct but Volume information is wrong.

For example: AAPL volume counter for 1 minute candle is like 30 times less comparing to volume I see using TDAmeritrade or Schwab.

Please, see attached screenshot (done at 15:59:47 yesterday): TDAmeritrade and Schwab show approx. a similar number for particular 1 minute candle: 433,000 - 434,000, but Ninjatrader VOL indicator shows just 13200.

Question: why is that? How can it be fixed? What is wrong with this data subscription from Kinetick? Should I upgrade or choose a different data vendor in order to see the complete correct Volume information?

Thank you
    Best regards,
    Victor
    Attached Files

Hello vitocapriblu,

Thank you for your note.

Unfortunately, Kinetick does not provide any historical Level 2 data. As a result, the historical bid/ask data will not include a real value for the volume.

Please let us know if we may assist further.

Comment

Thank you for the reply. But I am not talking about historical bid/ask.

This screenshot was taken from live market and candles were developing on a chart.

What provider of market data could supply COMPLETE book information for NASDAQ and NYSE: ticks and volume and be compatible with Ninjatrader 8 (configurable in "Connections -> Configure" menu) ?

These are what I see available (attached).

Thank you
      Regards
      Attached Files

Comment

I know dxFeed supplies complete book real-time stocks & futures market data within Bookmap. Is it possible to connect dxFeed to Ninjatrader?
        I see they have this page: https://dxfeed.com/platforms/dxfeed-ninjatrader/

Comment

Hello vitocapriblu,

Thank you for the reply.

I am not familiar with this provider but it does appear to be an add-on data feed adapter that would be an option for market data in the platform.

I would suggest contacting Kinetick directly to upgrade your subscription for real time level 2 data.

Please let us know if we may assist further.

Comment

Hello vitocapriblu - dxFeed provides Nasdaq Total View connectivity for Ninja Trader since around a month ago. Also HeatMap and DOM widgets go along with the subscription. https://get.dxfeed.com/orders/new/ninjatrader

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Haiasi, 04-25-2024, 06:53 PM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Massinisa  
            Started by Creamers, Today, 05:32 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Creamers