IB data feed NQ data spike error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IB data feed NQ data spike error

Please see the attached screenshot. My NQ chart keeps getting data error spikes. It first started two days ago, was normal yesterday then happened again this morning. Is there anything I can do or it is simply caused by IB? Thanks!

Hello StartOverNJ,

Thank you for your inquiry.

When I load the same NQ 12-21 1 minute chart on my end, I do not see the same bad ticks that you have on your chart.

What version of TWS do you currently have installed on your PC? This can be found within TWS at Help > About Trader Workstation.

Does the issue persist on the 1 minute chart if you right-click and select 'Reload all historical data'?

Also, please also note that 30 second charts are built using tick data and Interactive Brokers does not support historical tick data within NinjaTrader so we would not be able to reload the bad ticks that have come in on the second chart without clearing them completely.

I look forward to your reply.
    Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Zachary,
      Thanks for your prompt reply!
      My NJ version is 7.0.1000.40 TWS is 978.2c. I am able to correct the minute chart by reloading. It seems like the real time tick data feed is wrong and still happening. I checked ES 30 second chart and it is normal.

Comment

Hello StartOverNJ,

Thank you for your reply.

I see that you are on a bit of an older release of NinjaTrader 7 and I am not experiencing the same issue on my end when I open tick-based charts for NQ using TWS 978.2c in the current release of NinjaTrader 7. I'd like you to clear your cache and historical data, as well as update NinjaTrader 7 to 7.0.1000.42 and see if this rectifies the issue with your real-time tick data.

To delete the cache, follow the steps below:
        • Shut down NinjaTrader.
        • Open the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > db folder.
        • Delete the sub-folder named 'cache'.
        • Delete the sub-folder named 'tick'. (This will clear any tick data that you may have stored on your PC)
        After this, please upgrade to the most current release of NinjaTrader 7. Please follow these steps:
        • First, get your license key from NinjaTrader under Help > License Key then exit NinjaTrader
        • Click on the link: https://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect
        • Enter your license key and press Submit
        • Under 'Prior Releases' select the version next to 'NinjaTrader 7' to begin your download.
        • Locate and run the installer file from your Downloads
        • Critical: Before running the installer, ensure NinjaTrader is closed.
        After clearing your data and upgrading, please let me know if you continue to experience the same.
        Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you, Zachary! I will try that later. I found a temporary fix now using MNQ feed instead of NQ and it seems like working.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by aa731, Today, 02:54 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post aa731
          by aa731

Started by thanajo, 05-04-2021, 02:11 AM
          3 responses
          0 likes