playback running but not moving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

playback running but not moving

I dont understand why playback doesnt work sometimes.
    Sometimes the chart doesnt go forward even though the playback tool is running forward. (pictured)

Sometimes the chart and the tool are completely out of sync and the chart is still not moving! (pictured)
    Attached Files

Comment

I tried downloading historical data. I always try to Reload NinjaScript on the chart. It wont let me reload historical data on the chart.
      IDK what else to do.

Comment

Hello ezrollin,

Can you please right click in the Playback control window and select 'Show Available Data'. This will open a new window that shows all data that is present. If 'Market Replay' is enabled in the Playback control window, it will use Market Replay data to replay the market. If 'Historical' is enabled, it will use historical tick data to replay the market. Could it be you don't have Market Replay data or historical tick data present in NinjaTrader for the instrument and time that is replayed?

You can download Market Replay data at Control Center-->Tools-->Historical Data-->Load-tab-->Get Market Replay data. Historical tick data can be downloaded at Control Center-->Tools-->Historical Data-->Load-tab-->Download when connected to a broker/data feed that offers the requested historical tick data.

If you select the AAPL in a SuperDOM or T&S window, do you receive realtime data there (does the last traded price change)?
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Heres a problem,
          I had downloaded all data for august sept oct for the AAPL 5 minute(from the TD connect).
          None of its showing on my chart and I cant reload historical data on my chart (greyed out).
          I'm connected to playback but the playback control is greyed out.
          I've turned off global simulation mode
          but somehow my strategy is stuck on the SIM101 account.

If i connect to my TD account, the chart pulls up the data but I cant see the strategy.
          Why cant it be like a normal broker and automatically download and load the data real time?
          Thanks
          Attached Files
          Last edited by ezrollin; 10-03-2021, 11:28 AM.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	2021-1sfsdffsdfsfsdfsd0-03_18-42-44.png
Views:	1273
Size:	453.4 KB
ID:	1173402
            I'm connected to Playback, but I cant change my ticker :'(

Comment

Hello ezrollin,

Please note that historical tick data is not supported with TD Ameritrade in NinjaTrader. See the link below under 'Understanding the data provided by your connectivity provider' which shows supported providers and what data they support.

If 'Historical' is enabled in the Playback control window, it will use historical tick data to replay the market. As historical tick data is not present, it can't be replayed.

Are you able to change instruments if you disconnect the Playback connection?

Comment

yes, I can change instruments while connected to TD.

Name:	dsfsdfsdfdsfdsfsdfdsfds3.png
Views:	1257
Size:	559.1 KB
ID:	1173568
                I cant download market replay data for AAPL for today while connected to TD
                BUT I can see it on my chart........

Comment

Name:	ttjajrdtnsenaes.png
Views:	1252
Size:	751.2 KB
ID:	1173573

So I set my Options settings to record live data so I can use it during playback.
                  But when playing back, my chart is not synced (times dont match) and the chart doesnt move at all while playing.

Comment

Wtih ToS, I dont do anything special, I dont download and install data, I dont have to change settings or know how it works, I just click "OnDemand" and its running.

Comment

Unfortunately there is no Market Replay available to download for stocks.

Can you please right click in the Playback control window and select 'Show Available Data'. This will open a new window that shows all data that is present. Could it be you don't have Market Replay data present in NinjaTrader for the AAPL and time that is replayed (12:56:40am)? You should receive realtime data for the times displayed.

Comment

I was showing that those times dont match.
                        Why was my chart and playback not in sync with the same time and running?
                        I'm also trying to run simulated data feed but it doesnt play either.

Comment

Could it be there is no data for the time that is replayed, so the chart is stuck on a different time? For what times do you have AAPL Market Replay data as per 10/03 and 10/04?

The AAPL uses the 'US Equities RTH' trading hours template by default. It runs from 9:30am - 4:00pm US Eastern time. So you will not receive realtime data from the Simulated Data Feed outside these hours. Please right click in the AAPL chart and select 'Data Series'. Set 'Trading hours' to 'Default 24 x 7' and click OK. Check if you now receive realtime data.

Comment

Name:	aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.png
Views:	1257
Size:	86.6 KB
ID:	1173909
                            Looks like it has everything for the Minute and Day... just not Tick

Comment

Name:	bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb.png
Views:	1180
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	1173911
                              However, these Market Replay hours dont look right

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
                              4 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post DJ888
                              by DJ888

Started by terofs, Today, 04:18 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes