NT with a dual wan router?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT with a dual wan router?

I am hoping NT that you guys can answer this question for me. I am interested in getting a Dual Wan router in case my primary ISP goes down. So I would have cable and additionally DSL, each with their own IP address. If my dual wan router automatically switches me over to the other ISP will NT automatically reconnect since I will now have a new IP address, or will I have to shut down NT and restart the entire application. Right now when TT goes offline daily for maintenance it auto reconnects, but that's with the same IP address. It's very important I find out before commtting to a DSL contract and buying a new router. TIA

Dan

imported post

Dan,

On auto reconnect, I am not sure if this would work. It may, but I can't guarantee it. What I suspect (also no guarantee) would be fine is during the from one ISP to another, you should disconect in NT (File-->Disconnect) then once your new connection is up, reconnect. This forcesNT to create a new session with the FIX Adapter and IP address should not be a problem.

Ray
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

imported post

Ray,

Thanks for the prompt reply. I was kinda hoping that I could get more of a definitive answer. I understand the no gurantee or warranty part totally. Could you ask one of your "super tech" guys that understand TCP/IP. I was told by some on ET that TCP/IP protocol maintains a secure connection otherwise it disconnects. I don't know the details otherwise I wouldn't bother you folks. If you could ask I would reallly appreciate it. It has alot of implications. For instance I really want to use all of the neat stop strategies, but I am concerned that if my primary ISP goes down and it doesn't auto reconnect on the secondary ISP it could cost me alot of $$$.Especially if I am trend trading and leave my computer for 30 minutes or so.

Comment

imported post

Hi Dan,

Spoke with development and unfortunataly we can't provide you with a more definitive answer.

Ray
        RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

imported post

OK Ray, thank for checking:?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Mestor, 03-10-2023, 01:50 AM
          16 responses
          0 likes