Order rejected due to lack of external data feed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Order rejected due to lack of external data feed

I am using the NtDirect dll to send orders from Tradestation to NT platform. I am using the external data feed, so that the data is also coming from the TS platform. Even though the data is there, I occasionally get rejected orders due to a lack of data feed. I would appreciate any suggestions on how to prevent this. These are market orders. Lacking a better idea, my plan is to resend the order if the returned order status is rejected. This is done using a sim account.

Hello Atomic,

What is the specific full error message?
    Is this an error because no data is being received by the simulation engine or is this an error the order was actually rejected?

Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB View Post
      Hello Atomic,

What is the specific full error message?
      Is this an error because no data is being received by the simulation engine or is this an error the order was actually rejected?
      The error message says the order was rejected due to a lack of external data feed, which is definitely not the case. This morning I submitted 8 orders and six worked and two were rejected due to lack of data feed. I suspect it is a timing issue. The 8 symbols in question are @ES, @MES, @YM, @MYM, @NQ, @MNQ, @RTY, and @M2k.
      The log says: External Data Feed. There is no market data available to drive the simulation engine.

Comment

Hello Atomic,

"There is no market data available to drive the simulation engine" this does not mean the external data feed is not connected. It just means there haven't been any ticks received within a few seconds which is needed to fill the order.

Are these slow moving low volume instruments?

Are you looking at a 1 tick chart and seeing ticks appear on the chart as the errors occur?

Comment

Hello Atomic,

"There is no market data available to drive the simulation engine" this does not mean the external data feed is not connected. It just means there haven't been any ticks received within a few seconds which is needed to fill the order.

Are these slow moving low volume instruments?

Are you looking at a 1 tick chart and seeing ticks appear on the chart as the errors occur?
          No, they are not slow moving. The data is being fed from tick based charts in TS. This happens sometimes and not others. I was hoping there was a way to defeat the timing problem. I am setting up to resend any such rejected orders, and perhaps that will take care of it. This code ultimately goes to a broker who is using a live data feed, so the problem will not likely occur there. I just use sim for development.

Comment

Hello Atomic,

The message means there is no last updates coming in.

I just want to confirm, have you watched a 1 tick chart in NinjaTrader and confirmed that new ticks are appearing on the chart at the moment the error appears? If so, the simulation engine should have something to work with and I wouldn't expect this error.

If you can confirm this is the case, I would like to schedule a call with you to observe.
            Last edited by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB; 05-26-2021, 11:44 AM.

Comment

Hello Atomic,

The message means there is no last updates coming in.

I just want to confirm, have you watched a 1 tick chart in NinjaTrader and confirmed that new ticks are appearing on the chart at the moment the error appears? If so, the simulation engine should have something to work with and I wouldn't expect this error.

If you can confirm this is the case, I would like to schedule a call with you to observe.
              I can confirm that it is receiving data. Whenever this happens and I make the problem symbol the active symbol in the order tab, it shows live data.

Comment

Hello Atomic,

I'd like to take a look with you.

Please send an email to platformsupport [at] ninjatrader [dot] com so that we may schedule a call.
                In the email please provide a link to this forum thread or reference id 3117282.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by yertle, Yesterday, 08:38 AM
                7 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post yertle
                by yertle

Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
                2 responses