Cannot Open NT7x64 on Windows 10x64

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot Open NT7x64 on Windows 10x64

I cannot run NT7 x64 on my Windows 10 x64. I can run NT7 x32 and NT8 x64. I can run NT7 x64 on Windows 8.1.

Because I cannot even launch the application there is no log or trace file. I do however have the Windows error report files.

This is what I see in the event viewer:

Faulting application name: NinjaTrader.exe, version: 7.0.1000.42, time stamp: 0x5fcf55fe
    Faulting module name: CliSecureRT64.dll, version: 5.3.1.0, time stamp: 0x4d19c558
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x0000000000002e33
    Faulting process id: 0x72f0
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d74db1b965cf17
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\NinjaTrader 7\bin64\NinjaTrader.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\NinjaTrader 7\bin64\CliSecureRT64.dll
    Report Id: f6b57e1a-6a0f-49dc-aaee-7177064a3e7c
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

I've included the error report files and the event log export. I've tried using compatibility mode, that didn't help.

Do you have any ideas?

Hello UmberSage,

Thank you for your post.

We've removed the Windows Event Viewer log from your response for the sake of privacy. In the future, if your request involves any potentially sensitive information, it may be best to send that over as an attachment in an email to platformsupport(at)ninjatrader(dot)com. With that said I've downloaded a copy, and am reviewing the information within currently. I will follow up with you with additional information shortly.

Thanks in advance for your patience.
    Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello UmberSage,

Thank you for your patience.

This seems to be an issue with the .NET Framework that is required for NinjaTrader 7. Please follow the instructions below to reinstall the Microsoft .NET Framework on your PC.

First thing, exit any applications running on your computer
      • Go to the Uninstall a Program section of the Windows Control Panel
      • At the top left select Turn Windows features on or off
      • Clear the check box for Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5
      • After Windows disables the feature you will need to go back and re-enable Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5
      After the install please check for updates to the .Net Framework with the Windows Update function

Note: Do not reboot your PC in between these steps as this can potentially create more issues that we are unfortunately not qualified to assist with.

After completing these .NET steps, please also uninstall and reinstall NinjaTrader. These steps will not remove any of your custom files or settings:
      • Close all running applications.
      • Uninstall NinjaTrader within Windows Control Panel.
      • Navigate to C:\ > Program File (x86) > Delete the 'NinjaTrader 7' folder if it exists
      • Reboot your PC.
      • Once these steps are completed, download and install NinjaTrader 7 from the link below.
      If that does not work to correct the issue, please respond and let me know if you have both CLESecure and Agile.NET installed on your Windows 10 PC.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.

Comment

Hello Zachary,

I have uninstalled and reinstalled both .NET 3.5 and NinjaTrader 7.

Unfortunately this did not solve the issue. I am where I was before, I can run the 32-bit version but not the 64-bit version.

I do not have CLESecure nor Aglie.NET installed on my Windows 10 PC.
        Last edited by UmberSage; 05-20-2021, 05:04 PM.

Comment

Hello UmberSage,

Thank you for your reply.

The forum is probably not the best place to provide one on one assistance for installation issues. Let's continue this over email. I'd like to take a look at some specific configuration information within your NinjaTrader 7 log and trace files. If you are able to launch the 32-bit version, then these files will exist.

Please follow the steps below to manually send your log and trace files via email so I may investigate this matter further.
          • Open Windows File Explorer (hotkey = Windows key + E) Then navigate to, "Documents" (sometimes called, "My Documents") > 'NinjaTrader 7' folder
          • Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
          • Compose an email to platformsupport(at)ninjatrader(dot)com with 3110312 Attn Zachary
          • Add the 2 compressed folders that you created as attachments to your email and send
          • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders from your PC.
          Thanks in advance; I look forward to resolving this item.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:00 AM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH  
          Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
          5 responses
          0 likes