Market Replay Not Working "Replay 101 Reset"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market Replay Not Working "Replay 101 Reset"

I have a problem with market replay. Its been working but today I tried to bring it up and the charts come up and it says its connected to Market Replay but no controls. In the log I'm getting Simulation account "Replay 101 Reset"
    So with no Market Replay Control I can't run market replay.

taddypole...

Hello Taddypole,

Thank you very much for your post.

What most likely occurred is that the Playback Control window appeared either barely on your screen or just outside of the visible area. E.g. after an additional monitor was unplugged or the resolution was changed.

When this occurs, Windows sometimes does not recognize this correctly, leaving a window inaccessible.

To resolve this for the Playback Control window, please delete the "UI.xml" file in your NinjaTrader 8 folder while NinjaTrader is not running. You may find this file under Documents > NinjaTrader 8:

Click image for larger version

Name:	UI.xml.png
Views:	161
Size:	44.6 KB
ID:	1149775

As the platform is restarted it will then recreate this file and place all windows at their default position. While this excludes your workspace (e.g. charts, SuperDOM, ...), it would include all default windows, such as the Control Center, Playback Control, and so on.

Should you still not see the Playback Control after deleting this file and restarting NinjaTrader, please let me know!
    Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Sorry ... I probably should have mentioned its NinjaTrader 7...

Comment

Hello Taddypole,

Thank you very much for your reply, and my sincerest apologies, I could have added instructions for both versions.

For NinjaTrader 7, this is stored in a different location. To reset it on this platform, please delete the "_Workspaces.xml" file under the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Workspaces folder:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Workspaces.png
Views:	151
Size:	20.6 KB
ID:	1149788

Please note; this file also saves which workspace opens with NinjaTrader's launch. After deleting it, you would have to manually open your workspace by clicking on New > Workspaces > Open Workspace.

Please don't hesitate to let me know, should you have any further questions!

Comment

I tried deleting _Workspaces.xml but it did not fix the problem. Still Replay is not working and I get the Simulation account "Replay 101' reset message in the Log.

Comment

Hello Taddypole,

I'd like to take a look at this error message to see what might be causing it.

Could you send us the log & trace files?

To do this, please follow the steps below:
            • Open Windows File Explorer (hotkey = Windows key + E) Then navigate to, "Documents" (sometimes called, "My Documents") > 'NinjaTrader 7' folder
            • Right-click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
            • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to the following email: platformsupport (at) ninjatrader (dot) com
            • Add the following note to the email: ATTN Manfred 3040889
            • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.
            Thank you in advance, I look forward to your email!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by nandhumca, Today, 03:41 PM
            0 responses
            1 view
            0 likes
            Last Post nandhumca  
            Started by The_Sec, Today, 03:37 PM
            0 responses