cannot delete this pending order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cannot delete this pending order

power went out and when I rebooted NT this order is on my chart. I am flat but this sell order is still on my chart and I cannot delete it. I closed NT down and rebooted but the order is still there. I am using version 7.0.1000.42. Image attached
    Attached Files

Hello einstein,

Thank you for your note and screenshot.

We recommend that you reset your SIM 101 account.

Resetting a simulation account will clear all historical trade data from this account. Please follow the instructions below to reset a simulation account. (This can take longer depending on the size of your database file and your system.)
    • From the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the menu Tools> Options> Simulator.
    • Press the 'Reset' button.
    • If you do not want to lose your trade data, uncheck the 'Clear history' box (This must be left checked when wanting to remove a stuck sim order)

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
    Eleanore T.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

it has been almost 1 hour and it is still resetting. Is this usual for time? Is there any other solution. should I download another version of NT7

Comment

Hello einstein,

Thank you for your note.

Your database file might be a large size and is causing a delay. We can rename the database file to make the size of this file smaller and to reset the simulation account to clear that order as well.

You can rename your database by following the steps below.
        • Shutdown NinjaTrader and Go to the Start Menu
        • Select My Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> db--> "NinjaTrader.sdf" file (may only say 'NinjaTrader' depending on your Windows File Explorer settings)
        • Right-click on NinjaTrader.sdf and select "Rename." *Name it "OLDNinjaTrader.sdf."
        • Then restart the software and NinjaTrader will create a fresh database file to use
        • Unfortunately, the following items stored in the old database will be lost - ATM Strategy templates, Session templates, Instrument Lists / Custom Instruments, historical trade execution data, saved Strategy Analyzer backtest results

To prevent running into situations where you can potentially lose important data, we advise running regular backups via our inbuilt backup feature in NinjaTrader.

Comment

I have done what you suggested. after I pressed the reset sim button I get a not responding message

Comment

looks like this
            Attached Files

Comment

Hello einstein,

Thank you for your reply and screenshot.

Please email me at [email protected] with your log and trace files so I can investigate what is occurring.
              • Open your NinjaTrader folder under, "Documents" (sometimes called, "My Documents")
              • Right-click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
              • Write the following somewhere in the email "2931752 ATTN Eleanore"
              • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
              • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

Thanks in advance; I look forward to resolving this item.

Comment

will do. however is it possible to correct this by simply downloading another version of NT7?

Comment

Hello einstein,

Thank you for your reply.

If you want, you can test this! I suspect it will help but please note you will also need to move over any workspace/custom scripts/templates, or anything else that you would like to keep from the previous save. If you need instructions on that portion, please let me know and I can make you a video of how to do this!

Please follow the steps listed below to completely uninstall and reinstall NinjaTrader.
                  • Close all running applications.
                  • Navigate to your Documents folder > Right-click on the 'NinjaTrader 7' folder > Rename > rename the folder to 'NinjaTrader 7 OLD'. DO NOT delete this folder.
                  • Uninstall NinjaTrader within Windows Control Panel.
                  • Navigate to C:\ > Program File (x86) > Delete the 'NinjaTrader 7' folder if it exists
                  • Reboot your machine.
                  • Once these steps are completed, download and install NT7 from the link below.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

i have uninstalled from control panel. how do I navigate to C\:>Program File.....etc

Comment

Hello einstein,

Thank you for your note.

Below I have created a video of all the steps to take for a fresh installation:

Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance!

Comment

sorry. ok i got to the program file 86 nt file folder but when I press delete it wont let me do it because the folder of file in it is open in another program?????

Comment

Hello einstein,

Thank you for your reply and update.

This can happen when NinjaTrader is running in the background. Ensure that NinjaTrader is currently completely closed by opening a task manager on your computer. Select More details at the bottom of the task manager if you only have a limited view of programs running. Ensure NinjaTrader is not listed under the Apps portion and/or under the Background processes.

Do you utilize any backup software like DropBox or OneDrive? If so, this backup software might have these files in use and the backup settings will need to be adjusted.

Please let me know how I can be of any further assistance.

Comment

this is getting frustrating. I did everything went to the download platform clicked download and entered my lifetime licence key but the version that was downloaded is only for sim trading. need help badly

Comment

Hello einstein,

Thank you for your update.

To be able to select your live account please ensure the following.
                              • You must have a live license key and it must be entered under Help> License Key. (If you are unsure if your license key is live or these steps do not resolve this, please send me your license key)
                              • Next connect to your broker by going to File> Connect and select your broker account.
                              • Last ensure Global Simulation Mode is not checked under the Control Center> File.

Now you should be able to select your live account in any account drop down menu.

Below I have provided a link to the Global Simulation Mode section of our help guide.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by algospoke, Today, 06:40 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post algospoke  
                              Started by maybeimnotrader, Today, 05:46 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes