Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Ninja keeps loading and loading and loading and hangs the computer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ninja keeps loading and loading and loading and hangs the computer.

Really weird. Here is a pic of it getting up to 2427.8 MB (It would keep going if I let it)

This is not normal at all.

:-(

Hello BottomShark77,

Thank you for your note.

So we can further diagnose your system, please start NinjaTrader in Safe Mode.

Safe Mode will prevent NinjaTrader from:
    • Loading workspaces.
    • Connecting on start-up.
    • Loading custom assemblies.
    • Getting instrument updates from the server.

To enable safe mode, please use the following steps:
    • Exit NinjaTrader.
    • Hold the CONTROL key and double click the NinjaTrader icon.
    • Keep the CONTROL key held down until you see the Control Center.
    • You can verify you are in safe mode by going to Help -> About.
    Please let me know if you see this same behavior in safe mode.
    Heath R.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Heath View Post
      Hello BottomShark77,

Thank you for your note.

So we can further diagnose your system, please start NinjaTrader in Safe Mode.

Safe Mode will prevent NinjaTrader from:
      • Loading workspaces.
      • Connecting on start-up.
      • Loading custom assemblies.
      • Getting instrument updates from the server.

To enable safe mode, please use the following steps:
      • Exit NinjaTrader.
      • Hold the CONTROL key and double click the NinjaTrader icon.
      • Keep the CONTROL key held down until you see the Control Center.
      • You can verify you are in safe mode by going to Help -> About.
      Please let me know if you see this same behavior in safe mode.
      So far NT is up to 358MB.... 370... oh crap....3500......... 4000

Comment

Originally posted by BottomShark77 View Post

So far NT is up to 358MB.... 370... oh crap....3500......... 4000
        4500 so yes, the same behavor........... :-(

Comment

I just axed it with task manager... :-( Before the computer hung

Comment

Hello BottomShark77,

Thank you for your note.

To resolve this, please follow the steps listed below to completely uninstall and reinstall NinjaTrader.
            • Close all running applications.
            • Navigate to your Documents folder > Right click on the 'NinjaTrader 8' folder > Rename > rename the folder to 'NinjaTrader 8 OLD'. DO NOT delete this folder.
            • Uninstall NinjaTrader within Windows Control Panel.
            • Navigate to C:\ > Program File (x86) > Delete the 'NinjaTrader 8' folder if it exists
            • Reboot your PC.
            • Once these steps are completed, download and install NT8 from the link below.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.

Comment

Hello BottomShark77,

Thank you for your note.

To resolve this, please follow the steps listed below to completely uninstall and reinstall NinjaTrader.
              • Close all running applications.
              • Navigate to your Documents folder > Right click on the 'NinjaTrader 8' folder > Rename > rename the folder to 'NinjaTrader 8 OLD'. DO NOT delete this folder.
              • Uninstall NinjaTrader within Windows Control Panel.
              • Navigate to C:\ > Program File (x86) > Delete the 'NinjaTrader 8' folder if it exists
              • Reboot your PC.
              • Once these steps are completed, download and install NT8 from the link below.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
              I thought I had posted this in the NT 7 section? Do I do the same above but with NT 7?

FYI I just downloaded a new install about a week ago or so ago so I could get MES live data working. (I still had my charts ect so that was good).

Will I wipe out my settings, charts, ect doing the above?

I have had this happen before but do not remember what I did to correct this situation.

Comment

Hello BottomShark77,

Thank you for your clarification, the steps for NinjaTrader 7 are different.

As a test, please take the following steps to force NinjaTrader to start without your saved workspace. You will have the option to reopen these after our tests.
                • Shut down NinjaTrader
                • Navigate to (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7\workspaces
                • Delete the file named "_Workspaces.XML". DO NOT delete the 'workspaces' folder - only delete the '_Workspaces.XML' file within the 'workspaces' folder
                • After deleting this file, restart NinjaTrader which should start up without any workspaces.
                • Once NinjaTrader has started on just the control center, please open a new chart with no custom bar types/indicators/templates and test for issues.
                • *Please note this will not delete your workspace however the new blank workspace will be named Untitled1. If you have a workspace already named "Untitled1," however, you will not want to save the workspace when exiting NinjaTrader, otherwise, it will overwrite it.

If there are no issues on this new workspace, please try opening the previous workspace by going to File--> Workspaces--> Open workspace.

If this reintroduces issues, I would suggest rebuilding your workspace, adding 1 indicator at a time. Please keep track of what indicators you add back in so that we can narrow down what indicator is causing the issue if the issue returns. I also suggest making a backup of your workspace so we can restore a backup if the issue returns.

I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over backing up and restoring.
                Please let me know the results of this test.

Comment

Hello BottomShark77,

Thank you for your clarification, the steps for NinjaTrader 7 are different.

As a test, please take the following steps to force NinjaTrader to start without your saved workspace. You will have the option to reopen these after our tests.
                  • Shut down NinjaTrader
                  • Navigate to (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7\workspaces
                  • Delete the file named "_Workspaces.XML". DO NOT delete the 'workspaces' folder - only delete the '_Workspaces.XML' file within the 'workspaces' folder
                  • After deleting this file, restart NinjaTrader which should start up without any workspaces.
                  • Once NinjaTrader has started on just the control center, please open a new chart with no custom bar types/indicators/templates and test for issues.
                  • *Please note this will not delete your workspace however the new blank workspace will be named Untitled1. If you have a workspace already named "Untitled1," however, you will not want to save the workspace when exiting NinjaTrader, otherwise, it will overwrite it.

If there are no issues on this new workspace, please try opening the previous workspace by going to File--> Workspaces--> Open workspace.

If this reintroduces issues, I would suggest rebuilding your workspace, adding 1 indicator at a time. Please keep track of what indicators you add back in so that we can narrow down what indicator is causing the issue if the issue returns. I also suggest making a backup of your workspace so we can restore a backup if the issue returns.

I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over backing up and restoring.
                  Please let me know the results of this test.
                  Okay, I did just re-start NT and it opened up by itself with no workspaces without doing what you mentioned above. So I opened up one of the 3 I use and it was alright. I think the problem is an indicator in one of the other workspaces as you mentioned above because I had just put it on a chart earlier this morning.

I will open that chart again and see if is indeed, the problem.

Comment

Okay, I did just re-start NT and it opened up by itself with no workspaces without doing what you mentioned above. So I opened up one of the 3 I use and it was alright. I think the problem is an indicator in one of the other workspaces as you mentioned above because I had just put it on a chart earlier this morning.

I will open that chart again and see if is indeed, the problem.

Well that didn't take long. It is an indicator on a chart I added this morning. It immediately caused problems.

Comment

Well that didn't take long. It is an indicator on a chart I added this morning. It immediately caused problems.
                      Can I ask why an indicator would cause a problem like this? I am pretty sure I have used this indicator before so I don't know why it would cause a problem now.

Comment

Hello BottomShark77,

There are many reasons why a third party indicator could cause this issue.

Typically is involves the indicator being corrupted or coded incorrectly.

I would recommend reaching out to the developer of that indicator to see if they have an updated version or tips to troubleshoot the issues the indicator is causing.

Please feel free to write in if you have additional questions.

Comment

Hello BottomShark77,

There are many reasons why a third party indicator could cause this issue.

Typically is involves the indicator being corrupted or coded incorrectly.

I would recommend reaching out to the developer of that indicator to see if they have an updated version or tips to troubleshoot the issues the indicator is causing.

Please feel free to write in if you have additional questions.

I just realized that is the way NT acts when I try to use a chart with 6E on it. It does the same thing. And I do not use any indicators on that chart.

No matter what I do, I can not chart or trade the 6E. I hardly ever trade it but still... :-(

Comment

Hello BottomShark77,

Thank you for your reply.

Please send me your log and trace files so I may investigate this further.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: "Forum 2912376 ATTN Heath"

I'll continue to work with you over email once you've submitted those files.

Thank you I'll await your reply.

Comment

I get this with IB working for the given instruments:

How to fix the charts loading issue?

How to get a permanent fix, because it's a recurring issue that damages usability.​

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Jon17, Today, 04:33 PM
                              0 responses
                              1 view
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Jon17
                              by Jon17

Started by Javierw.ok, Today, 04:12 PM
                              0 responses