Entering Stop Order with Left Mouse Button

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Entering Stop Order with Left Mouse Button

Is there a way to configure NinjaTrader to create a sell stop order when clicking above the last price in the Sell column or a buy stop order when clicking below the last price in the Buy column when using the left mouse button (not the middle button)? That is, determine whether a limit or stop order should be created depending on whether a price above/below the last price is clicked. I accidently closed an open order because I clicked on the wrong mouse button. Thanks in advance.

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately that is not supported.
    Ray S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

RJStein,

Could you have this request added to your feature list for future consideration? I think a consistent way for entering limit and stop orders would be more intuitive. Thanks.

Comment

Yes, I will forward your request to development for future consideration.

Thank you for the suggestion and happy trading!
        Ray S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Middle Button

This is a MAJOR DRAW BACK. I use Buy-Stop-Limit-Orders all the time and HATE doing it on Charts. R&D need to come up with a fix. Perhaps a combination of left mouse with a keyborad could work. Please FIX.

Nino

Comment

Hope you can do this

I find the middle button order on the DOM a pain, I guess I can either set all orders to confirm or find a different platform. You guys have so many great features, why don't you just use the intelligent way of left clicking to place an order like almost all other platforms. I don't think anyone is going to click 5 ticks away from price to get themselves out of a trade at market or maybe I'm missing something. I wonder how much money has been lost by customers trying to put in a stop and using the left-click. Almost everything else is great about your platform.

Comment

I will forward your comments to our Development team.

Limit orders are submitted by a left mouse click in the SuperDOM and stop orders are submitted by a middle mouse click.
              JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

There are dozens of posts in the forum requesting a left click for stop limit orders (which the majority of day traders use), but the request has lingered for over fifteen years! Can't the developers just implement this often requested and easy to implement feature in the superdom?

Comment

We receive many requests and cannot reasonably implement all requested features or changes. Interest is tracked internally and if enough interest is tracked, it would be weighed against how feasible it would be to make those changes to consider implementing. As such we cannot offer an ETA or promise of fulfillment.
                  Oxana R.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
                  5 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post Bidder
                  by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM
                  4 responses