Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connection loss

Hi.
    1. Today I was in the trade when I suddenly heard "connection loss". I waited for a moment but nothing happend. So...I logged off, loged in again and ALL of my charts were gone! I had to make all of them again. But...I was still in the trade?!
    Did anybody had the same problem?
    What did you do?

2. Bar timer on 15 min chart does not work all the time (it quits sometimes), while the others (on 60 min and 240 min) work properly. What I have to do to make it work all the time?

Thanks!
    Zana
    Last edited by Zana68; 06-22-2020, 10:19 AM. Reason: bar timer, connection loss, connection, chart

CRITICAL — If your inquiry involves live orders, please always reach out to your broker's Orders Desk immediately to confirm and manage your live orders and positions.

If your trades are with NinjaTrader Brokerage, you can contact NinjaTrader Brokerage Order Desk here:
    • Phone: 312.423.2234
    • Email: orders[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com
    Regarding your 'lost' workspaces - First, ensure the workspace you have open is the one that has your items saved and that they are not minimized. Hover over the NinjaTrader 8 icon on the Windows Taskbar to see if your charts are there. You can open other workspaces by going to the Control Center -> Workspaces -> Click on the workspace you want to open. If you're not sure what this list means and how to tell if a workspace is open, in view, or closed, please visit the following help guide link:If this does not resolve the symptom, try restoring your workspace from an older save using the 'Restore workspace' feature:

Complete the following steps to use the "Restore workspace" feature:
    1. Navigate to Tools -> Database Management
    2. Select "Restore workspace"
    3. Select Restore to be directed to the location of the recovery workspaces
    4. Workspaces will be organized in folders with the same name as the workspace
    5. Double click the folder of the workspace you want to recover and then select the recovery file with the date/time that you want to recover
    Below I have provided a link to the Restore Workspaces section of our help guide:Alternatively, you can restore your workspaces from a backup if you completed one recently. Complete the following steps to restore a Backup Archive:
    1. From within the Control Center window select the Tools menu. Then select the menu Import and the Backup File... menu item
    2. Select the backup archive to restore from the "Restore" file dialog window
    3. Press the "Restore" button
    4. Select the items you wish to restore
    Below I have provided a link to the Backup and Restore section of our help guide:To help prevent loss, ensure to do backup regularly.

If you have no backup you may be able to restore your workspaces to an earlier version in Windows:
    1. To do this within Windows open Documents> NinjaTrader 8
    2. Right click on the Workspaces folder and select Properties
    3. See if you have the ability to restore to an earlier version
    4. If not, you will need to recreate your workspace
    Ensure to always exit NinjaTrader by selecting the X at the top right of the Control Center. DO NOT right click on the NinjaTrader icon in the Windows Taskbar and select Close as Windows could close the charts/etc before asking to save your workspace, resulting in a blank workspace.

If you have an anti virus/firewall program installed you will want to add NinjaTrader to its exception list. You will need to exclude the following directories:
    • C:\Program Files (x86)\NinjaTrader 8 or C:\Program Files\NinjaTrader 8
    • (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 8
    Additionally, if you have a backup or auto backup program you will want to pause it while using NinjaTrader so it does not conflict with saving your NinjaTrader files.

Finally, for the bar timer, I am suspicious that your PC clock may be out of sync. Please use the steps below to change/check your Time Zone and sync the PC clock:
    • Shutdown NinjaTrader
    • Right-click the clock in the lower right corner of your desktop
    • Select Adjust date/time
    • For Windows 10 click 'Additional date, time, & regional settings' -> then click 'Set the time and date'
    • Select the 'Internet Time' tab at the top
    • Set the server to time.nist.gov and then click Update.
    • If the message that appears says successful your PC clock should now be updated.
    • If not, select a different server from the Server: drop-down and try again (repeat until one of the servers is successful)
    After updating the PC clock, please restart NinjaTrader, then right-click the chart and select Reload All Historical Data.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
    47 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post aligator  
    Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post jaybedreamin