Issue importing indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Issue importing indicator

I am having issues importing the indicator attached. I'm receiving the following error message "Import NinjaScript Archive File error. It says File may contain duplicate method names that already exist on your PC or there is a required file missing on either your PC or in the import archive." Its a file downloaded from NinjaTrader indicator section and I've never received this message when importing other indicators.
    Attached Files

There is code referenced by there system but removed. You need to get it back to where it was.
    Use the script editor to edit any indicator. In the editor right click and select references. This will tell show you all the DLL's Ninja is looking for. Then go see if there in BIN Custom.
    esmall
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Ed's Retrace Plan

Comment

Thank you for that response. The issue is, I can't upload the indicator to even get it to script editor.

Comment

Problem may not be this indicator. It may be the last indicator you imported. Open any indicator with NT's editor and select compile. One of the two conflicting indicators should list in the error messages at the bottom of the edit screen.
        RJay
        NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Innovative Trading Solutions

Comment

Originally posted by RJay View Post
          Problem may not be this indicator. It may be the last indicator you imported. Open any indicator with NT's editor and select compile. One of the two conflicting indicators should list in the error messages at the bottom of the edit screen.
          Thanks for the response. Just so I'm clear. The indicator I'm attempting to import may have issues because of other indicators I've imported? If the indicators that i have all work, when i compile it, why would it show an error message? Can indicators run with errors?

Comment

Is there a way to get an indicator into the script editor that does not load into your ninja trader platform? Maybe I can find the error if this is possible.

Comment

Hello famumoe,

The issue is that this has code for NinjaTrader 6.5 (and also does not have the info file). The DrawLine() method for NinjaTrader 7 has an autoscale parameter.

The line of code:
              DrawLine(CurrentBar.ToString(), 0, Values[0][0], 0, Values[3][0], xBarColor, DashStyle.Solid, ShadowWidth);

Should be:
              DrawLine(CurrentBar.ToString(), true, 0, Values[0][0], 0, Values[3][0], xBarColor, DashStyle.Solid, ShadowWidth);

DrawLine(string tag, bool autoScale, int startBarsAgo, double startY, int endBarsAgo, double endY, Color color, DashStyle dashStyle, int width)

While the NinjaTrader support policy is that we do not create or modify scripts at request, I've already made the change to figure out the issue. So as a convenience to you, you can have the version I've re-exported and attached. Please see the original author for any further assistance with their script.
              Attached Files
              Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by TradeSaber, Today, 07:18 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post TradeSaber  
              Started by PaulMohn, Today, 05:00 AM
              0 responses