X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems with viewing of older line drawings from higher timeframes

Hello,

I have a problem:

I have drawn some lines in a H1 chart. I normaly trade in M5. Unfortunetly I am not able to see the lines of H1 if I have zoomed in the M5 chart.
    I have to add, that I want to see H1 lines that are a bit far away from the current price.
    If I zoom out the lines suddenly appear.

Question is - if the prices come in the range of the older H1 lines - will they be displayed?

Or is it a display error?
    I used "Draw on all charts" so that I should be able to see the lines of H1 in M5.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Testmaster

What version of NinjaTrader 7 are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 7.0.1000.X)

There is a limitation in NinjaTrader that a drawing object won't be displayed if the initial anchor point is too far in the past, however, I'd like to confirm it's not another issue first.

What is the 'days to load' set to on your 5 minute chart? Does this have the same amount of historical data loaded as your 60 minute chart?

Comment

V7.33

I searched the forum and it seems as if I have to upgrade to Ninjatrader V8 to solve this issue.

Comment

It really depends on the answers to my other questions whether or not NinjaTrader 8 is the only solution.

First though, you're using an older and unsupported version of NinjaTrader 7. The current version is 7.0.1000.39 and contains many critical updates. Please update to the latest version and reset your instruments

First, to update NinjaTrader, please follow the steps below:
        • First get your license key from NinjaTrader under Help> License Key then exit NinjaTrader
        • Click on the link: http://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect
        • Enter your license key and press Submit
        • Select 'NinjaTrader 7'
        • Select 'Download'
        • Critical: Before running the installer, ensure NinjaTrader is closed.

Lastly, to reset your instruments, please follow the steps below:
        • Disconnect from your data feed: NinjaTrader Control Center> File> Disconnect> Select your data feed
        • Reset your Instruments: NinjaTrader Control Center> Tools> Options> Data tab> Reset Instruments>OK
        • Restart NinjaTrader> Connect (NinjaTrader Control Center> File> Connect> Select your connection

Can you link me to the forum posts you're referring to where it was determined that you need to use NinjaTrader 8 to work around this limitation?

What is the 'days to load' set to on your 5 minute chart? Does this have the same amount of historical data loaded as your 60 minute chart?

Comment

Dear PatricG,

Can you please say what happened when reset Instruments?

In past only do this one time, but I think it is good to solve some problems, but I remember that change something else.
          Some workspcae ou strategy or indcator can be affected? Or some new instrument that I put new can be affeted? Or another anything different?

Thanks

Comment

A reset of your instruments is critical to ensuring all built-in instruments have the updates they need to function without issue.
            • User-added instruments are not affected
            • Built-in instruments are affected
              • Any changes you've made to built-in instruments will be reset
              • Any changed symbol mappings will be reset including changes made for use with the Automated Trading Interface

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by DanielSanMartin, Yesterday, 02:37 PM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post DanielSanMartin  
            Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
            4 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post DJ888