QG Chart issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

imported post

Thank you for the information, it will be helpful should this case arise again.....

The message is from the server due to risk constraints. Sometimes when hitting the Close button there are orders being submitted while the working orders are still being counted towards risk margin, which varies among broker servers.

I would check with your broker what the margin limitations are set for your Max Qty, Max Allowed per Trade, etc. and see if you may be exceeding that with open position and working orders when hitting the Close button. If no adjustments can be made on the server side, you can manually get out of the position and then hit the Close button, since no Open position will be counted towards risk requirements.

Comment

imported post

No problems with the broker. I am trading much larger positions than this. The QG is the only contract I have problems with.

Any other thoughts on how to rectify this? One of the reasons I chose NT was the automated order systems for exits. If it does not work, the value to me drops dramatically.

ken

Comment

imported post

The risk is set per contract, I would still check with the Broker regarding the risk parameters they have set for this Instrument. Please let me know if this is not the case after the broker checks the parameters set for the QG.

Comment

imported post

Ok will do. I am just skeptical thats the issue since I am only trading one lot but will certainly check it out. The account is heavily funded.

Comment

imported post

TraderKen,

For confirmation, could you post the exact message here? I can tell right away if the message is generated by the broker.

Ray
            RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

imported post

The message states exactly,
              "The security "QG" is not available or allowed for this account. If this security should be available, please contact customer service. (203) Affected Order Buy (1) Market"

Comment

imported post

That message is very clear in that it comes from the broker which is IB in this case. Get the order Id of this rejected order, can find it in the order panel. Call IB and provide them with the order id and exact error message and ask them why this is getting rejected.

Ray
                RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by maybeimnotrader, Yesterday, 05:46 PM
                3 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                Started by adeelshahzad, Today, 03:54 AM
                5 responses