ninjatrader 7 not working with vmware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ninjatrader 7 not working with vmware

hello i have a free trial with ninjatrader 7 it was working fine last week but this week when i tried to connect it gave me: NinjaTrader is having problems connecting to its license servers. Possible problems are a) Your firewall software is enabled and you have not authorized NinjaTrader to access the internet b) Your internet service provider is having service problems or both license servers are down. Please ensure that your firewall software is not blocking NinjaTrader and try again in a few minutes." i am using windows 7 , my firewall is down and my internet is working fine , i also downloaded latest version of ninja and tried also the previous one , it did not work , i also flushed the dns hoping it would work but no luck .
    hope someone can help me thanks

It seems something prevented NinjaTrader from properly updating such as NinjaTrader may have been running during the update. To resolve this please uninstall and reinstall NinjaTrader. Following these steps will not affect your data, settings, configuration, NinjaScripts, Workspaces, etc.
    • First, save your license key to a document
    • You can locate your license key by going to Help> License Key
    • Now, exit NinjaTrader and uninstall NinjaTrader within Windows Control Center
    • Once uninstalled you can re-download NinjaTrader from the link below:
    • http://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect
    • Paste your license key > Select Submit
    • Download and then run the installer

After the reinstall, reset your instruments:
    • Disconnect from your data feed: NinjaTrader Control Center> File> Disconnect> Select your data feed.
    • Reset your Instruments: NinjaTrader Control Center> Tools> Options> Data tab> Reset Instruments>OK.
    • Restart NinjaTrader> Connect (NinjaTrader Control Center> File> Connect> Select your connection.

Comment

hello patrick tried what you suggested did not work.But when i download ninja 7 on my regular desktop it works fine but strangely does not work on my virtual machine something must be blocking it . do you have any other suggestions ?
      thanks for your help

Comment

The NinjaTrader 7 setup file itself doesn't work? Or after running the setup file, the download fails? This is typically caused by a firewall. I'd recommend troubleshooting your firewall to ensure that NinjaTrader's downloader is not being blocked.

If you are still unable to download NinjaTrader 7, please contact us via email at PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com so we may provide you with a work-around. If you write in, make sure to provide a link to this thread and reference "1974259" in the message.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Perr0Grande, Yesterday, 08:16 PM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
        Started by f.saeidi, Yesterday, 08:12 AM
        3 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse