NinjaTrader 8 prior date walk-forward with chart recomputation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NinjaTrader 8 prior date walk-forward with chart recomputation

I want to be able to set NinjaTrader 8 stock data > Data Series > Time Frame > End Date to a certain prior date and then step forward one day at a time on all open charts using a Hot Key. I want all indicators on all open charts to be recomputed for each new day. I can manually do this by entering a start date in Data Series, entering Apply, entering the next day into Data Series, entering Apply, etc. This works but is a very laborious process. Market Replay and Market Replay historical mode using Kinetick historical daily tick data has severe limitations that render them useless for this purpose.

Here is the reason I want to have this capability: I typically have 4-5 charts with different indicators open at once on different monitors using the cursor global setting. This allows me to easily view indicator status on the different charts. Some of the indicator signals get repainted after one or more days. For example, my favorite supply/demand indicator paints daily horizontal supply/demand areas on the chart. These areas disappear after the areas are breached. Being able to see past Supply/Demand areas as they appear/disappear on the charts would be very helpful for back testing.

Hello CStone,

Thank you for your post.

For clarity, this feature would be used to playback data in daily chunks instead of tick by tick is this correct?

This would not be possible in NinjaTrader 7 and we are no longer tracking feature requests for NinjaTrader 7, but we can submit a request for NinjaTrader 8.

Please clarify that this feature is what you're looking for an I would be happy to submit it as a NinjaTrader 8 feature request.
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_Heath; 05-18-2020, 12:21 PM.
    Heath R.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Cstone,

Thank you for the suggestion.

I have submitted this as a feature request to the Development Team. I will follow up with an internal tracking number for your reference as soon as it is created.

Thanks in advance for your patience.

Comment

Hello CStone,

Thanks for your patience.

The internal tracking number for your feature request is SFT-3100. Please reference this internal tracking number when contacting Platform Support if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find a description of the new feature in the release notes:

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by PaulMohn, Today, 05:00 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post PaulMohn  
        Started by ZenCortexAuCost, Today, 04:24 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes