Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Every time I disconnect & reconnect from data my trendlines/ drawings get messed up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Every time I disconnect & reconnect from data my trendlines/ drawings get messed up

Like the angle of most of my trendlines will be off, etc. How do I get them not to do this?

Is this chart time-based? What interval is selected? For example, 5 minute, 1 day, 2000 volume, 4 Renko, etc.

Can you provide a screenshot of what you're describing?
    • To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using the Windows Snipping Tool.
    • Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
      Is this chart time-based? What interval is selected? For example, 5 minute, 1 day, 2000 volume, 4 Renko, etc.

Can you provide a screenshot of what you're describing?
      • To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using the Windows Snipping Tool.
      • Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.
      Here's a screenshot of an example of the problem
      Attached Files

Comment

The is likely the result of one or both of these root causes:
        • Drawing objects with anchors in the future
          • Drawing objects require an x (time) and y (price) coordinate on the chart
          • When placing drawing object anchors in the future, NinjaTrader must estimate the anchor point
          • When the data reaches your drawing object anchor, the angle may have changed depending on how accurate the earlier estimate was
        • Clock sync with tick data
          • As ticks come into NinjaTrader in real-time, they are time stamped based on your local PC time if they do not already have an associated time stamp that is provided from the real-time data source. The majority of our supported brokerage feeds DO NOT time stamp ticks, where most of our supported market data vendor feeds do provide time stamped ticks. NinjaTrader then builds bars based on the time stamp of the incoming tick and displays these bars in your chart in real-time.
          • Let's say you have a tick (tick "A") with a time stamp of 10:31:00 AM which gets packaged into the 10:32:00 AM bar and happens to be the high of that bar. An hour later, you reload historical data from your historical data provider into NinjaTrader. This process will overwrite the existing data. The 10:32:00 AM bar now looks different since the high made by TICK "A" is now part of the prior bar, 10:31:00 AM. How is this possible?
            • Your PC clock could have been off so the time stamp is delayed
            • Your internet may have been lagging so the tick came in slightly delayed and therefore the time stamp is delayed
            • Due to standard latency, even 50ms delay (which is normal) could be the difference between a 10:30:59 and 10:31:00 time stamp
            • There is no way of knowing how the historical data provider packages their bars The only way to ensure that data always looks the same is if every connectivity provider sent ticks with time stamps AND that all vendors synchronized on time stamps. Unfortunately, this is just not a reality nor plausible scenario.
        I'd recommend syncing your PC clock as a first step to mitigate this:Shutdown NinjaTrader
        • Right-click the clock in the lower right corner of your desktop
        • Select Adjust date/time
        • For Windows 10 click 'Additional date, time, & regional settings' -> then click 'Set the time and date'
        • Select the 'Internet Time' tab at the top
        • Set the server to time.nist.gov and then click Update.
        • If the message that appears says successful your PC clock should now be updated.
        • If not, select a different server from the Server: drop-down and try again (repeat until one of the servers is successful)
        After updating the PC clock, please restart NinjaTrader, then right-click the chart and select Reload All Historical Data.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by PaulMohn, Today, 03:49 AM
        0 responses
        1 view
        0 likes
        Last Post PaulMohn  
        Started by inanazsocial, Today, 01:15 AM
        1 response
        0 likes