Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chart trader Cross Hairs

Hello,

I am using the chart trader but when i place the order, my cross hairs disappear and I am left to guess where to place orders and stops when moving them on the chart. Is there a way to keep the cross hairs on?

Thanks!

Are you referring to the cross hair disappearing once you've right clicked? If so, at that point the price is 'locked in' to the orders and you'll see that the orders list the specific price the order will be placed at. Here's is a brief video covering this behavior:

Here is another video in which I try to get the crosshairs to disappear after placing order:

Comment

Thanks for your help!

It's hard to screenshot because screenshotting moves the tool. What I am referring to is when I line up an order that is already placed, the crosshairs extend (see my image), but when I click the order to move it, the crosshairs disappear and I only get the +number of ticks window that I am moving it. I would like to keep the crosshairs on when moving the order that's been placed in chart trader. I hope that makes sense!

Comment

When I left click on an active order to move it, I still see the crosshair lines with price marker:

Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

Is what you're experiencing different than what I demonstrate in my video? Or am I misunderstanding what you're describing still?

Comment

You have described it perfectly. I am in NJ7, but just to confirm, when I click my order to move it, the crosshair disappears. Yours in the video stayed and that is my issue!

Comment

I apologize - I did not look closely enough to notice you had posted in the NinjaTrader 7 sub-forums. Unfortunately this behavior is expected. The 'fix' is built into NinjaTrader 8.

Comment

Are you aware of any indicator to overcome this?

Comment

It looks like the 'custom crosshair' indicator may be a solution. This indicator is publicly available on our NinjaTrader Ecosystem website:Here is a basic guideline of how to Import NinjaScripts.

To import NinjaScripts you will need the original .zip file.

To Import
                1. Download the NinjaScripts to your desktop, keep them in the compressed .zip file.
                2. From the Control Center window select the menu File> Utilities> Import NinjaScript
                3. Select the downloaded .zip file
                4. NinjaTrader will then confirm if the import has been successful.
                Critical - Specifically for some NinjaScripts, it will prompt that you are running newer versions of @SMA, @EMA, etc. and ask if you want to replace, press 'No'

Once installed, you may add the indicator to a chart by:
                • Right click your chart > indicators > Select the Indicator from the list on the left > New > OK
                Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.

Comment

Perfect! Thanks so much

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by Fran888, 02-16-2024, 10:48 AM
                  3 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post Sam2515
                  by Sam2515

Started by martin70, 03-24-2023, 04:58 AM