Intermittent loss of connection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intermittent loss of connection

Since several day ago I am experiencing an intermittent loss of connection. I already checked things in Windows10, reset my Router etc but thought I would also check with you as some of the entries in the Log files mention NTs historical market server (with which there have been problems in the past).

Log entry:
    30.04.2020 14:49:40|3|4| Connection to NinjaTrader historical market data server lost: Existing connection was closed by Remotehost.
    (14:49 is EU time, corresponds to 7:49am Chicago time).

Looking forward to your feedback.

sandman

Hello sandman,

While it would be expected for the historical data servers to not be available 24/7, please note that NinjaTrader has many of these servers active at the same time.

This allows us to take them offline for maintenance, upgrades, or other work without affecting the platform's performance.

If the platform notices that one of these servers has gone offline, it will automatically switch to the next. This should happen fast enough that you never notice it, although it will be logged in the logfile.

In the above case, it seems the server was shut down on our end, resulting in this message.

I'd like to take a closer look at your log & trace files to see if we can track down what is causing the connection losses.

Could you please send us an email at [email protected] and attach your trace and log files? The fastest way to do this would be out of the platform directly, by clicking on "Help" and "Email Support".

Please mention "ATTN Manfred - 2532779" in the email to ensure I receive it without delay.

Thank you in advance, I look forward to your email!
    Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Manfred. OK. Sent.
      Looking forward to hear from you.
      sandman

Comment

Manfred,
        Thanks. I received your response, will go through your suggestions and then report back.
        sandman

Comment

Hello sandman,

You are very welcome, please don't hesitate to let me know should this not work or if you have any further questions!

Comment

How about you in Ninja support reply to these kind of threads as to what the problem and solution(s) are to these various issues? Time and time again, I see a post with a problem/issue, a request to send log files in for support to analyze, and NO followup as to what was going on. Doesn't help the rest of us at all. I, too, am having connection issues and am not getting much out of the forums.

So, I end up in the threads like this, which gives zero analysis and problem solving.
            Last edited by AMATX; 05-01-2020, 09:13 AM.

Comment

Hello AMATX,

Please don't hesitate to ever post if you have any questions, we're happy to assist everyone!

In this specific case, we are currently testing whether an installed Security Suite (e.g. McAfee, Norton, Bullguard,...) is causing these issues.

As the Security Suite could not be opened, it's possible it is causing intermittent connection issues just long enough to cause the datafeed to be interrupted. We have uninstalled this Suite and are currently testing whether any connection issues recur.

If you have a Security Suite installed please ensure NinjaTrader is listed in its exclusion and that the platform is fully up-to-date. If you notice any erratic behavior (such as your virus scanner suddenly closing as you open the settings), reinstalling the suite is often a good first step.

If you would like us to take a look at your trace & log files please feel free to send them to [email protected] with a quick description of the issues you've experienced.

We'd be happy to dig into them and get you connected reliably!

Comment

Manfred,

Yes, the issue seems resolved now. 2 hours later with no instance of disconnection. Thanks for your sharp eyes, as I would never have figured out that an anti virus program though installed but not activated, could have been the cause of the disconnects.

Thank you!

sandman

Comment

Hello sandman,

I am very glad to hear the issue has, most likely, been resolved.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend, never hesitate to let us know if we can be of assistance!

Comment

Manfred, I just went in under tools --> mail support to send trace/log files to you for analysis. Not sure it all went thru correctly, as I got some weird email prompt at the end. Pls post here as to whether you received these or whether I need to resend.

Having connection issues, need a fix.

Thx,
                    AMATX
                    Last edited by AMATX; 05-04-2020, 10:39 AM.

Comment

Hello AMATX,

I was not able to find any submitted files at this time.

If you have not received a reply from our Platform Support Team within 15 minutes we likely did not receive the files.

A more manual way to send us the files would be to go to your "Documents" - "NinjaTrader 7/8" folder.

Once there, please right-click the "log" and "trace" folders and "Send to > Compressed (zipped) folder".

Once the folders have been compressed you may then simply attach them to an email and send it to [email protected].

As soon as we have received the log files we will gladly analyze them!

Comment

Just sent log/trace files manually to support...

Comment

Hello AMATX,

Thank you for sending the files over, I've received them and replied to your email.

Comment

Thanks for the list of tips, Manfred. I tried the easiest/quickest item and rebooted my cable modem. Did the trick...this time. I'll keep this in mind for next time

Comment

Hello AMATX,

I'm glad to hear everything is working well again!

Rebooting the modem/router is always a good first step, simply due to how it clears the router's tables and other temporary settings, giving it a chance to 'connect fresh'.

Please don't hesitate to let me know should you need further assistance, we're always happy to help!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by cls71, Today, 04:45 AM
                              0 responses
                              1 view
                              0 likes
                              Last Post cls71
                              by cls71

Started by mjairg, 07-20-2023, 11:57 PM