Strategy wont trade on Sim or Market Replay, all of a sudden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy wont trade on Sim or Market Replay, all of a sudden

I have been testing my strategy on market replay and sim, but all of a sudden it won't place trades, I have not adjusted the code, I have run on a separate instance on NT7 in the house could this have caused an issue?

Hello Gille1983,

Thank you for your note.

As long as the strategy is enabled (and showing with the Enabled check box checked) and the strategy is receiving data (meaning there are new bars appearing on the chart), I would expect the strategy to be running.

It may be with the data set playing back that there have not been any conditions that evaluate as true to submit orders, or there could also be orders that are ignored or automatically cancelled.

To find out the cause the behavior, it is necessary to use Prints and TraceOrders.

With prints you can print the values used in the condition that triggers entry orders along with the time of the bar to see when the condition is evaluating as true.
    With TraceOrders enabled this will show when orders have been submitted and will also show messages if orders have been cancelled or ignored.

Below is a link to a forum post that demonstrates using prints to understand behavior.

Please start by just printing the time of the bar. With the strategy enabled, are you seeing a print for the time on each new bar close on the chart?
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi, its a problem with data i think, ES is showing a price @ 2790. It says only 1 adaptor is allowed at a time?

Comment

Hello Gille1983,

This message is appearing after you have disconnected from all other connections and then when you connect to the Playback connection?
        Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by f.saeidi, Today, 12:14 PM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post f.saeidi  
        Started by TradeForge, 04-19-2024, 02:09 AM
        2 responses
        0 likes