Previously working CQG demo will not connect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Previously working CQG demo will not connect

Hello: On a similar topic, I received demo login and pwd in email last week but not able to connect when I use them in connection settings in Ninjatrade version 7. I have a fully paid license.
    These have worked before but now I been getting login error. I typed manually userid and pwd and also using cut paste. Both ways it is giving same error. Please advise. Thanks,

Hello : I am entering cqg connection details using demo userid and pwd provided by CQG in email but it will not connect and gives login error. I have a fully paid copy of Nina ver 7.0. Please advise.

Comment

mtamaku , your symptom has to do with CQG demos in general, but is not directly related to this topic which is regarding failure to receive any credentials from CQG in the first place. In the future, please create a new forum topic when your symptom/issue is not exactly the same as the original post in a forum topic. I've split your post into it's own topic to keep things organized.

The demos last for approximately 14 days. Can you confirm the exact date on which you requested the demo?

Comment

Ok I have created separate post. But this demo was not working from day 1 I got the email from CQG.

Comment

Please make sure you are following the connection guide below precisely. Common areas for mistakes are ensuring that "NinjaTrader Continuum" is the provider, ensuring that you do not include any spaces before, within, or after the username or password, and ensuring that "demo mode" is checked:If the demo was received 14 days ago or more, I would expect it to be expired and no longer able to connect.

Comment

Yes I am following the information and no spaces.I been selecting CQG as the data provider which always been and no option for Ninja Trader Continum..as you mentioned.
            I have used this before using another id and worked normally but this time not working and getting unspecified login error...

Comment

You'll need to select NinjaTrader Continuum as the provider, so I suspect this is the root issue.

If you do not see this as available, this means your license key is not enabled for the necessary provider to use the demo. You can substitute your current key for the simulation license key. Make sure to copy your current live key outside of NinjaTrader that can be accessed in the future (like a Word document).

Please copy the license key provided below and paste it under the Control Center> Help> License Key:
              • @SIM-A82F-D583-40B1-AE74-B79F-705D-1952
              Restart NinjaTrader to ensure the key changes are implemented in your NinjaTrader.

Comment

But How did it work before using my current full real license keys and using CQG as provider using demo keys. ?
                Was this something changed recently ? I always used CQG as provider in both live and demo mode.
                Thanks,

Comment

Demos have recently been limited by CQG to the NinjaTrader Continuum provider when requested through NinjaTrader's website.

Comment

Hi, Do I still need to use the SIM keys you provided ? thanks

Comment

If your current key doesn't have NinjaTrader Continuum provider and you want to connect to a NinjaTrader Continuum demo you have two choices:
                      • Reach out to my colleagues on the Platform Sales Team to have your live key provider changed
                      • Use the sim key provided above

Comment

Ok used the sim keys with the CQG provided id and pwd from email I received, and selected Ninja Continuun in demo mode....But same error I am getting.

I have question would this CQG provided id and pwd works with Ninja Continuun provider or should be with CQG provider ?

My full license key was purchased to trade using CQG data for live trading. And in the past I used the same to do demo trading by just entering demo id and pwd from CQG email.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Comment

Out of curiosity, why are you wanting to connect to a futures demo if you already have a live futures broker? When connected live, you still have access to the Sim101 account for simulated trading.

If you requested the demo from our website, then the new versions of these demos from CQG require the NinjaTrader Continuum provider. There are a few reasons why the demo is not working:
                          • The demo is expired
                          • The demo was not requested from NinjaTrader's website
                          • The connection is not being configured correctly.
                          To further troubleshoot, please forward the message you received from CQG with the demo credentials to PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com with "2503647 ATTN Patrick G" in the subject or body of the email.

Comment

I have sent all requested information to your support email. Please let me know you findings. Thanks,

I am doing this demo using Ninja since I do not have account funded now with AMP which was the case before I closed the account. I was trading live and had access to demo as you mentioned. fyi

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by aa731, Today, 02:54 AM
                            0 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post aa731
                            by aa731

Started by thanajo, 05-04-2021, 02:11 AM
                            3 responses
                            0 likes