Unable to restore workspces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to restore workspces

Hi. I can't launch my NT7. I receive this kind of info that I attach to file. Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot - 17.03.2020 , 19_03_35.png
Views:	430
Size:	489.6 KB
ID:	1090749

What version of NinjaTrader 7 are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 7.0.1000.?)

As a test, please delete your cache and test with a blank workspace:

To delete the cache, follow the steps below.
    • Shut down NinjaTrader.
    • Open the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > db folder.
    • Delete the sub-folder named 'cache'.
    Please take the following steps to force NinjaTrader to start without your saved workspace. You will have the option to reopen these after our tests.
    • Ensure NinjaTrader is shut down.
    • Navigate to (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7\workspaces
    • Delete the file named "_Workspaces.XML". DO NOT delete the 'workspaces' folder - only delete the '_Workspaces.XML' file within the 'workspaces' folder
    • After deleting this file, restart NinjaTrader which should startup without any workspaces.
    • Once NinjaTrader has started on just the control center, please open a new chart with no custom bar types/indicators/templates and test for issues.
    • *Please note this will not delete your workspace however the new blank workspace will be named Untitled1. If you have a workspace already named Untitled1 however you will not want to save the workspace when exiting NinjaTrader, otherwise it will overwrite it.
    If there are no issues on this new workspace, please try opening the previous workspace by going to File--> Workspaces--> Open workspace.

If this reintroduces issues, I would suggest rebuilding your workspace, adding 1 indicator at a time. Please keep track of what indicators you add back in so that we can narrow down what indicator is causing the issue if the issue returns.

Please let me know the results of this test.

Comment

Because of my first launching NT7, there is no sub-folder named 'cache' and '_Workspaces.XML' file. And I can't do something.

Comment

The folders must necessarily exist if NinjaTrader is installed. I suspect you went to the Program Files (x86) folder instead of the Documents. Here is the path where you should find these folders on your PC:

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by gentlebenthebear, Today, 01:30 AM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
        Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB