Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NinjaTrader8 Proxy Connection Settings

Hello!

I currently have a windows installation going through a proxy set up within windows connections settings. I double checked that the proxy is accessible and internet is available with google chrome and internet explorer with sucess.

When opening ninjatrader8, it states that it can not find the licensing server and make the connection to allow me to use the platform. Is there a place to specify proxy settings so ninjatrader can connect and work properly?

Hello caleb718,

Thank you for your post.

The first thing I would recommend doing is shutting down NinjaTrader and restarting your modem/router.

If you have an antivirus/firewall installed you will want to add NinjaTrader to its exceptions list.

We realize that lost connections can be frustrating. A connection state between NinjaTrader and your broker/market data vendor is not dictated by NinjaTrader. The NinjaTrader application only reports the connection state as it is reported by the API you are connected through. NinjaTrader behaves like a radio receiver in that it receives signals from the connected server. If the signals are not coming through, the underlying broker/market data vendor API reports this to the NinjaTrader application which in turn reports this back to you. Once a loss of connection is reported, NinjaTrader or the underlying API will continuously try to re-establish a connection.

Common reasons that contribute to connection stability are:
    • ISP issues
    • Hardware firewall changing IP addresses frequently
    • Dynamic IP addresses changing frequently intraday. This usually happens once a week but you may want to check with your ISP. If they do change daily, requesting a static IP address may help.
    • Broker/market data servers may be experiencing temporary downtime

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
    Marco G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I have a connection to my internet and all traffic needs to go through the proxy IP and port 8000. In my network settings I have specified the proxy IP address and the port number.
      Google chrome works for browsing the web.
      Other applications I use work without an issue.

NinjaTrader has issues connecting to the license server and getting logged in.
      The network settings should force the request of NinjaTrader through the proxy right?

If not, is there a way to specify the proxy in a config file somewhere?

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the reply.

Please note that there are no settings in NinjaTrader to configure a proxy server using NinjaTrader through a proxy server would not be supported. However, you should be able to use NinjaTrader through a proxy server using the below instructions.

Note: These instructions ensure license verification does not fail and this may be separate from your data provider's connection.
        1. Open the file C:\Program Files (x86)\NinjaTrader 7\bin\NinjaTrader.exe.config using Microsoft Notepad or any other text editor
        2. Replace the text "False" with "True"
        3. Save the file
        4. Restart NinjaTrader
        NinjaTrader will now use your PC settings for the proxy server.

Please note that we are unable to provide support when using this setting.

Let me know if you have any additional questions.
        Melissa J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Has anyone figured this out yet? I cant believe its 2023 and this hasnt been addressed or fixed! NT will login to my Tradovate account but if I try to log on to my data provider, NinjaTrader Continuum, it simply will not work. Please fix this.

Comment

Hello Tburg10,

Thank you very much for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader forums!

In case you did not see my message in the first thread, I've included it below.

If one connection succeeds but another fails it could also be specific connection settings causing this.

Could you send me your log & trace files? I'd like to take a look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center -> Help -> Email Support

Please select "Platform Technical Support" as the recipient and enter a brief "ATTN Manfred" note in the message.

Thank you in advance, I look forward to your message!​​
            Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I sent you an email but i dont think it sent the log files because I had to send it thru Gmail because it wouldnt send thru NT due to the proxy issue.

Comment

***Answer***
                Download Sockcap64 (free). Make sure that you go the THE .exe program file, right click, go to Properties and click the box that says "Run as administrator". You have to click this box for it to work. Or at least I did. Your welcome! Good luck!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by Shansen, 08-30-2019, 10:18 PM
                24 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post spwizard  
                Started by Max238, Today, 01:28 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post Max238