Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Errors on Startup

Hi NT7 support,

I am receiving the two errors when I open NT7 - both attached as snapshots, and I cannot get to the control center window. I believe this came about when I tried to download a ninjascript indicator, I received an error - below. to fix this error, I deleted all of the .cs files in my bin/custom folder, and I may have deleted additional files leading to the errors I receive at startup. I tried removing NT7 from "Add/Remove programs" and re-downloading it, and I still received these errors.

"Error: You have Custom Ninjascript Files on your PC that have programming errors. These Errors must be resolved before you can import a Ninjascript Archive File".

Attached Files

I suspect the removal of all the custom folder along with a reinstall fixed the two errors in your screenshots, however, you've now likely deleted some necessary reference files.

Please follow the instructions below to see where the errors are coming from after compiling the indicator. This will allow you to debug the indicator/strategy or remove it from your PC. If you are wondering why you receive an error when compiling only one indicator, it is because NinjaTrader always compiles all indicators and strategies - not just one. This is done to give you the highest runtime performance possible.
    • Open NinjaTrader
    • From the Control Center select the Tools menu--> select the Edit NinjaScript menu item--> select Indicator
    • Select ANY indicator and double click on it (we need only to open and compile one script to see all compile errors for all files).
    • A new window will appear and you will need to right click in the window and select Compile to compile the indicators.
    • At the bottom of the window, a new section will appear where you can find the error locations.
    • From there you have the option to comment out offending code sections, remove the complete indicator or debug it to be able to compile again.

If you are unsure as to what the error is indicating, please send me a screenshot of the NinjaScript File column and Error column fully visible (not to be confused with the Code column)

We have also collected more comprehensive steps for resolving NinjaScript programming errors in this tip in our Help Guide:

Comment

I understand the mix up as I referenced two errors. I actually went through the process you have in your reply to fix this error, which occurred first:

"Error: You have Custom Ninjascript Files on your PC that have programming errors. These Errors must be resolved before you can import a Ninjascript Archive File".

And while fixing this error above, that is when I likely deleted the necessary reference files.

Now, I cannot even access the control center window, and on startup, I get the errors in the two screenshots I attached to my first message.

The screenshot errors are what are preventing me from getting to the control center and that is what I am seeking to resolve. Thank you

Comment

Thanks for the clarification. For reference, deleting files is generally not advised. If you're unsure how to specifically deal with a compile error, please contact us first so we may guide you with precision towards a resolution.

The file specifically being referenced in the error typically resides in the NinjaTrader 7/bin/Custom/Type folder:

if you navigate to this location on your PC, do you see this (or any) files here? Or is the bin/Custom folder still completely missing after you manually deleted it?

Comment

It is completely empty, i need help restoring it

Comment

An uninstall and reinstall should have repopulated all of the files/folders here. Can you walk me through the steps you took when you reinstalled earlier? Was that before or after deleting the files?

One solution would be to go into your PC's recycle bin and restore the NinjaTrader files you deleted.

Otherwise, here are the steps I would recommend for uninstall/reinstall:
            • Close all running applications.
            • Uninstall NinjaTrader within Windows Control Panel.
            • Navigate to C:\ > Program File (x86) > Delete the 'NinjaTrader 7' folder if it exists
            • Reboot your machine.
            • Once these steps are completed, download and install NT7 from the link below.

Comment

It is fixed now, thank you

Comment

It helped me too

Comment

The reinstall worked for me

Comment

Perhaps you used the old version? I encountered a very similar problem about a year ago. I am not very experienced when it comes to the subtleties of this, so I was helped to cope with this by the professionals from digis, who temporarily worked with us. They were much more experienced than me and I don't even remember, but they were able to fix it in 15 minutes. I can say that in my case, reinstalling did not help, although maybe I had a slightly different kind of problem, so I will not say that reinstalling definitely does not work. Who knows what might happen during installation. Maybe the antivirus ate one of the necessary files or something.
                    Last edited by KatherineHunter; 05-28-2021, 04:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KatherineHunter View Post
                      I have not encountered this problem, maybe you used the old version?
                      In general, not all users will experience these symptoms. You should only follow the advice/steps in this thread if you're experiencing similar or exact same symptoms.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by Barry Milan, Yesterday, 10:35 PM
                      5 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                      Started by DanielSanMartin, Yesterday, 02:37 PM
                      2 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post DanielSanMartin