NT7 Freezing last few days when volatility spiked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT7 Freezing last few days when volatility spiked

My platform (NT7 v40) has been freezing the last few days necessitating a couple of restarts during the day. It started last week when the volatility spiked. Is there anything I should check that might alleviate this problem? Thanks....

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

I'd like to take a look at your log and trace files for this issue. These files contain diagnostic information related to what is occurring on your platform that will help us resolve this issue in a timely manner.

Please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to an email to platformsupport[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com with "2441264 ATTN Marco G" in the subject line and a link to this forum post in the message body so I may investigate this matter further.

Open your NinjaTrader folder under Documents.
    Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
    Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
    Once you have emailed these to us, you may delete these compressed folders.

Thanks in advance; I look forward to resolving this item for you.
    Marco G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for those files.

I saw in your Log and Trace files that you are loading third party items in the platform, I suspect these could be affecting performance.

As a test, I would recommend deleting your current cache files from the NinjaTrader folder. First, you'll want to make sure that you have completely closed and exited the NinjaTrader program. To delete the cache, you'll navigate to Documents folder, NinjaTrader folder, db folder and then delete the "cache", "day", "minute" and "tick" folders respectively. When you have accomplished this, you'll then relaunch NinjaTrader as you normally would.

Additionally, the Calculate methods and Maximum Bar Look Back settings in many charting indicators can be configured properly to improve performance in the platform. Please right click on your charts > select Indicators and select each configured Indicator and ensure "Calculate" is set to "On Bar Close" and "Maximum Bar Look Back" is set to "Two Hundred Fifty Six". Be sure to Save your workspace after completing these suggestions and in the Workspaces tab ensure that you do not have additional workspaces running in the background. If you do, I would suggest closing them down by selecting "Close".
      I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over performance tips:
      Please don't hesitate to reach out again if further questions come up.
      Marco G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I've deleted the cache, day, minute and tick folders, and I've changed the settings on a couple of volume profiles that I suspect are resource intensive. I tried to clear the Simulator database but it just freezes Ninjatrader. Any suggestions for that?
        Last edited by leafsfan; 03-03-2020, 09:39 AM.

Comment

Hello ##CUSTOMERFIRST##,

Thank you for your note.

You can rename your database, which would reset the simulator as well, by following the steps below.
          • Shutdown NinjaTrader and Go to the Start Menu
          • Select My Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> db--> "NinjaTrader.sdf" file (may only say 'NinjaTrader' depending on your Windows File Explorer settings)
          • Right click on NinjaTrader.sdf and select "Rename." *Name it "OLDNinjaTrader.sdf."
          • Then restart the software and NinjaTrader will create a fresh database file to use
          • Unfortunately the following items stored in the old database will be lost - ATM Strategy templates, Session templates, Instrument Lists / Custom Instruments, historical trade execution data, saved Strategy Analyzer backtest results

To prevent running into situations where you can potentially lose important data, we advise running regular backups via our inbuilt backup feature in NinjaTrader.
          Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
          Melissa J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I'm continuing to have problems with Ninjatrader freezing several times a day even after completing as many of the performance tips as possible and renaming my database. Everything was fine until the recent volatility spike. Any other suggestions?

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the reply.

Unless we saw your specific configuration it would be impossible to say for sure.

Please send us your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Platform Support

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 2441264 ATTN Melissa

I look forward to resolving your inquiry.
              Melissa J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
              2 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post alifarahani  
              Started by junkone, Today, 11:37 AM
              3 responses
              0 likes