Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brokerage firm suggestion for NT7

Hi there:
    I have used TD Ameritrader's data for my NT7 with purchased customer indicator for stock trading.
    Now TDA does not provide data to NT7 any more, and my customer indicators do not work on NT8.
    Therefore, I would like to get suggestions on brokerage firms which provide stock date to NT7, s I can open a account with them and continue use my NT7 customer indicators.
    Thank you in advance,

Originally posted by fxbo168 View Post
    Hi there:
    I have used TD Ameritrader's data for my NT7 with purchased customer indicator for stock trading.
    Now TDA does not provide data to NT7 any more, and my customer indicators do not work on NT8.
    Therefore, I would like to get suggestions on brokerage firms which provide stock date to NT7, s I can open a account with them and continue use my NT7 customer indicators.
    Thank you in advance,
    What is your custom indicator? Most NT7 indicators can be converted to NT8, most likely free. There might be a NT8 version available for that already. Is the cost of a new custom indicator worth switching from TDA which is one of the better brokers around?

Comment

Instead of "customer indicatrs" mentioned in my previous post, I should say "customer NT7 NinjaScript" that can not be used for NT8.
      My bad.

Comment

Hello fxbo168,

I recommend reaching out to the vendor or author that creates the NinjaTrader 7 scripts and inquire if there are versions for NinjaTrader 8.

Below is a link to the NinjaTrader 7 help guide on Historical & Real-Time Data. In the section 'Understanding the data provided by your connectivity provider' there is a chart that shows the supported connection technologies and the types of data these connections support. Please note, TD Ameritrade is no longer supported on this page.
        http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...rical_data.htm

Last, here is a link to our Connections Guide which will have instructions to setup the provider in NinjaTrader (scroll to the bottom).
        Last edited by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB; 03-02-2020, 04:52 PM.
        Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi, Chelsea:

I already lost the contact to that person who wrote that NinjaScript. HE only sold to several person as I knew.

I wish NT developer team had considered our needs, and make NT7 transcript compatible on NT8. I am sure there are many users out there having the similar issue.

Comment

Originally posted by fxbo168 View Post
            Instead of "customer indicatrs" mentioned in my previous post, I should say "customer NT7 NinjaScript" that can not be used for NT8.
            My bad.
            The framework on which NT7 scripts are coded is different from NT8, but usually NT7 indicators can be converted to NT8.

What this "customer NT7 NinjaScript" of yours is and what is supposed to do? Better yet, attach a copy of your script file if it is open source. There might be a NT8 version of that available that you can download free or someone can share theirs or convert yours to NT8 for free, if it is interesting and worth their time and effort.

Comment

I switched to NT8 and a freelancer from Upwork did the conversion of my indicators. Prices were between 50$ and 100$ per indicator. If you cannot do such a small expenses because you make not enough money, you should stop trading.
              I never understand why people have so much problems: pay a small amount of money and the problem is solved, or quit.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Shansen, 08-30-2019, 10:18 PM
              24 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post spwizard  
              Started by Max238, Today, 01:28 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post Max238