Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IB warning that version 960.2g needs to be upgraded

Hi NT,

As everybody knows IB's TWS 960.2g is the version that you have set as the latest compatible and stable to use with Ninjatrader7. The problem is this morning I've received a warning that this version must be upgraded by April 2020. I've written to Interactive Brokers to ask several questions for more info, such as it will stop totally, is it just support...etc. As soon I got answers, I'll post it here. Nevertheless, as you must know, there are a lot of us, seniors old clients with lifetime licenses, that still work with real accounts, because Ninjatrader 7 has good features for automated algorithms such as light memory use, fast charts, almost never freeze...etc that makes our work almost uneventful.

Please address this important issue.
    Looking forward to your answer.
    Thanks for your attention

Hello pstrusi,

Thank you for your note.

While we do not have an announcement to provide on this item at this time, there is an existing feature request on this item and I have submitted your vote to our development team for this request.

Please let us know if we may assist further.

Comment

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your quick answer and I appreciate your attention to this. However, this matter is not a feature, it's an urgent need for all of us that work with the tandem Ninjatrader7-IB, because IB is warning that the old TWS version 960.2g needs to be upgraded by April 2020. We should not take the risk that by that time, we can't work anymore because Ninjatrader hasn't been able to work with a version, at least some superior to 960.2g.

Please, Consider this matter as urgent and scale it up to Developers that for sure know of this Critical subject. This is critical, not just a feature.

I hope this can be worked out as soon as possible
      Thanks

Comment

Chris, I've received answer from IB, it's more serious than thought. Here you can read it, so you can scale up this urgent matter:

Summary: TWS old version working with Ninjatrader
        pier..... 2020/02/26 04:35:14
        Since I work with my automated algorithms through the platform Ninjatrader ( version 7 ), I have to use an old version of TWS ( 960.2g ). The problem is this morning I've received a warning from you in the TWS, that this version needs to be upgraded by April 2020. So, I have questions:

1. Will this old version stop working by April 2020 ?
        2. Is it simply that this version will continue to work but without any further support?

Looking forward to your answers
        IBCS 2020/02/26 08:40:56
        Dear Mr. Strusi,

Starting April 2020 we will block all login access to TWS which are using older builds such as 960.2g. NT8 already supports a newer version. It would be advised to discuss this with Ninja Trader to see if they can update support for NT7 on a newer build.

Regards,
        Angel P.
        IBKR
        API Support, Technical Assistance Center

Comment

Since I received this morning a warning from IB that TWS old version 960.2g needs to be upgraded, quickly I asked them a couple of questions, below you can read the answer.

This is matter that requires urgent action from the Development Team as soon as possible!!!.

I began this post with a previous one: https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...to-be-upgraded

ANSWER
          Summary: TWS old version working with Ninjatrader
          pier..... 2020/02/26 04:35:14
          Since I work with my automated algorithms through the platform Ninjatrader ( version 7 ), I have to use an old version of TWS ( 960.2g ). The problem is this morning I've received a warning from you in the TWS, that this version needs to be upgraded by April 2020. So, I have questions:

1. Will this old version stop working by April 2020 ?
          2. Is it simply that this version will continue to work but without any further support?

Looking forward to your answers
          IBCS 2020/02/26 08:40:56
          Dear Mr. Strusi,

Starting April 2020 we will block all login access to TWS which are using older builds such as 960.2g. NT8 already supports a newer version. It would be advised to discuss this with Ninja Trader to see if they can update support for NT7 on a newer build.

Regards,
          Angel P.
          IBKR
          API Support, Technical Assistance Center

Comment

pstrusi , I've merged your newer topic on the same issue to your original thread. This will help us keep issues organized and not fragmented by specific topic.

As my colleague stated, the Development Team is aware of this upcoming change and will act accordingly. In the meantime, as Interactive Brokers support stated, you could begin using the version we currently support for NinjaTrader 8 which is 973.2:When there is any further update, there will be an announcement made.

Comment

Hi Patrick, noted. I'm aware that not fragmenting Posts related, however, I felt necessary to post the new one with the URGENT word, because it's urgent cause the response from IB. This post title shows no urgency as it was a normal issue with no rush.

Now a question: What if I still need to work with Ninjatrader 7? There're many of us that we're not totally agreed to use Ninjatrader 8 cause many reasons. I hope better DevTeam can solve the issue.

Thanks
              Last edited by pstrusi; 02-26-2020, 09:00 AM.

Comment

Support for NinjaTrader 7 in general is not going away. When that occurs, there will be a major announcement with plenty of warning time for NinjaTrader 7 users to make the transition. The only change in this specific instance is the need to use a different version of TWS.

Comment

That's exactly right. There's a critical need to know what TWS version we could move to. It'd be great when DevTeam has figured that out and tell us. It'll be great to read the solution.

Comment

The version that will most likely end up being the supported version for NinjaTrader 7 is the currently supported version for NinjaTrader 8. I'd advise that you do this sooner or later and contact us if there are any unexpected behaviors seemingly onlycaused by using TWS 973.2 instead of TWS 960:

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
                    pstrusi
                    ...you could begin using the version we currently support for NinjaTrader 8 which is 973.2:

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by ZenCortexAuCost, Today, 04:24 AM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post ZenCortexAuCost  
                    Started by ZenCortexAuCost, Today, 04:22 AM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post ZenCortexAuCost