Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My entry locations 'move' at certain time of day

Hi NT7 support,

When I enter into a trade that I hold for a long period of time, such as a few hours to 24 hours or more, I found that sometimes my entry price 'moves' much lower than the entry price I actually entered.

Hypothetical example, I will enter into a trade when price of the instrument is 1000, after some time, the price of the instrument might be 990, and I show a PnL of -$10.00 and my account shows $5,000 with -$10.00 unrealized PnL. When I check my trade again a few hours later, I'll find that my entry price is now 950 (the line showing entry on the chart trader has moved down), the instrument price is still 990, my account PnL shows +$40.00, and my account shows $4,950. Please help me understand why and how this happens.

I assume this is in my contractual agreement that this is a policy/procedure that NT follows to prevent margin calls to reduce risk - can you please confirm. If NT is doing this as a matter of policy to reduce risk/etc can you please let me know if I am paying for the commissions associated with these entry prices 'moving' down/the contract purchases/exchanges involved - and please confirm this is also in the contract. Or, if this is a setting that I might have 'on' please let me know how I can turn it off.

Thank you,
    Todd

What you're describing sounds like what is referred to as "mark to market" and can be expected when holding positions across trading sessions. If this is the case, the position average entry price shown in the platform is different than the most recent trade price due to the way the FCM carries the position from one session to the next. This is not a platform setting or concept but a brokerage one which is not unique to NinjaTrader Brokerage. Please contact your broker for further information about this concept.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by PaulMohn, Today, 05:00 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post PaulMohn  
    Started by ZenCortexAuCost, Today, 04:24 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post ZenCortexAuCost