Suddenly can't connect SIM NT to IB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suddenly can't connect SIM NT to IB

I have been everyday connecting NT SIM 5.1.10002.1 with IB 860.9 (Java 1.5.0-06) for more then one month with no problem -- up until yesterday 8/9/2006.

Today - 8/10/2006 - I suddenly cannot connect and get an NT error message :

Login failed . TWS did not accept connection attempt (System.Net,SocketException: An established connection was aborted by the software in your machine (10053/10053) ).

BUT ! - At the same time I can continue to establish connection to my charting SW Amibroker - currently 4 AB instances ( with discrete ID, of course).
    All SW running on Windows XP x64 Version 2003, SP 1

I even tried re-launch NT but with same problem.
    There is a message on " ... .(No more data to read). (Panic)" in NT log every time I try connection to IB

Is it a connection problem in touch with SIM version only ?

imported post

Hello,

The problem is with the NT version you are running, it is not related to being in Sim or Live mode. Only NT v5.2.1000.3 is compatible and fully supported with IB TWS v860.9. Remove the existing NT version and install 5.2.1000.3 from here: http://www.ninjatrader.com/web/download_download.htm

Comment

imported post

Hi Byron,

thanks for a quick response to my issue.

Just a question - can I export and then importperformance from my current to a new NT version? Or is it lost after NT reinstalling ? I didn't find this feature on NT

And a minor note - Can you establish an e-mail notice (for subscribers) on any new NT version just released - it could help to anticipate an NT issue like mine.

Comment

imported post

You can only export to Excel from within the Performance report (trades, executions).

I will submit your request to our support department as well. You can always check for the latest version on the download page.

Comment

imported post

You can only export to Excel from within the Performance report (trades, executions). Right click in the window and select Export to Excel....

I will submit your request to our support department as well. You can always check for the latest version on the download page.

Comment

imported post

Byron,

I did reinstall NT to a new version 5.2.1000.3 - but the connection problem persists with almost the same error message - just the change in NT error message " ... An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host (10054/10054) ) !?

Comment

imported post

Verifythat you have Account Setup correctly for the IB connection. Here is the link to the Guide for IB, http://www.ninjatrader.com/web/tradi...iveBrokers.htm

Pleasesend a note to [email protected] if the error message persists. I will look for yourmessage.

Comment

imported post

Heureka ! My issue solved by myself.

In fact - I don't know exactly what was the problem. I could connect after I shut down all my 4 AB instances. I then relaunched ABs and manually made changesto all itsID. But I am sure no ID either NT or IB were the same when fall in my connection issue.

Comment

imported post

Great...Please let me know if you incur any more connection problems.

Comment

imported post

Hi Byron,

I reopen this issue.

I found after several tests that there is probably some interference between NT and Amibroker.

Up until Wednesday 8/9/2006 incl. I could simultaneously connect IB to 4 Amibroker instances and one NT application process apart from which application I launched like first.

On Thursday, Aug-10 I couldn't connect to NT when all 4 AB instances running.

I then - according your suggestion to my NT issue - upgraded to NT 5.2.1000.3.

Currently I could run only 3 AB instances when connected to NT :

If I am running 4 AB instances then I can't launch NT and getting that NT error message I described bellow.

Or - I am running 3 AB instances.I launch then NT. And now If I am trying launch another AB instance then this gets stuck on its opening and could be killed only..

Yes, I can henceforth run 3 AB instances only. But I will appreciate if my issue could be solved sooner or later.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
                    47 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post aligator  
                    Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post jaybedreamin