Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Volume Value Area Lines for stocks options with IB

HI
    do interactive brokers data feed enough to show me Volume Value Area Lines for stocks options ?
    or its not enough ?

Hello,

Thank you for posting to the forums.

Equities are supported, but Options are not with IB at this time. Having said that however, IB does not offer historical tick data which would be required for the Order Flow tools to work as desired.

You may consider adding a secondary data provider like Kinetick, BarChart, eSignal, or IQ Feed to backfill the charts.

More information about the different types of data which each provider supports, please see the following link to our Help Guide: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...y_provider.htm

Please let me know if I may be of any further assistance.
    Marco G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Marco View Post
      Hello,

Thank you for posting to the forums.

Equities are supported, but Options are not with IB at this time. Having said that however, IB does not offer historical tick data which would be required for the Order Flow tools to work as desired.

You may consider adding a secondary data provider like Kinetick, BarChart, eSignal, or IQ Feed to backfill the charts.

More information about the different types of data which each provider supports, please see the following link to our Help Guide: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...y_provider.htm

Please let me know if I may be of any further assistance.
      from the link above no data for stocks options

Comment

That's correct - regardless of the instrument you wish to view, you would need historical tick data and more specifically 'bid/ask stamped tick data' for most Order Flow tools to function.

I'd like to also clarify what Marco said. With the most recent update to NinjaTrader 8 (8.0.20.1) options on stocks are now supported for Kinetick and Interactive Brokers. This functionality is in beta and is therefore not yet listed in the link above.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
          That's correct - regardless of the instrument you wish to view, you would need historical tick data and more specifically 'bid/ask stamped tick data' for most Order Flow tools to function.

I'd like to also clarify what Marco said. With the most recent update to NinjaTrader 8 (8.0.20.1) options on stocks are now supported for Kinetick and Interactive Brokers. This functionality is in beta and is therefore not yet listed in the link above.
          i want to make sure before i buy ninja 8,could you please post a picture of volume profile for 1 hour on each candle same to the pic below

Comment

Comment

and if you do not mind doing the same to any stock option contract
              thanks

Comment

I am connecting via Kinetick for the screenshots below.

Here is the FB equity:

Here is the FB equity option (specifically the Jan 10 expiry 207.5 call):

https://www.screencast.com/t/Iko1UawYl8

Comment

I am connecting via Kinetick for the screenshots below.

Here is the FB equity:

Here is the FB equity option (specifically the Jan 10 expiry 207.5 call):

https://www.screencast.com/t/Iko1UawYl8
                  thanks for the fast respond but for options you put the stock pic again

Comment

Whoops - not sure how that happened. This link is an example of an FB options chart:

Comment

Whoops - not sure how that happened. This link is an example of an FB options chart:

https://www.screencast.com/t/UwlHbu1fDtS
                      i am testing the option chain whit demo IB account.how do i send option contract to the chart?
                      and is there any way to get free trial to test ninja 8 to make sure its the right one ?

Comment

You would need to link it to an Options Chain window. The process is identical to how window linking is explained for order entry here:

I am not sure what free trial you're looking for - NinjaTrader is free unless you want to place live trades. A license key is not required to use any of the features we've been discussing.

Comment

You would need to link it to an Options Chain window. The process is identical to how window linking is explained for order entry here:

I am not sure what free trial you're looking for - NinjaTrader is free unless you want to place live trades. A license key is not required to use any of the features we've been discussing.
                          i mean for volume profile

Comment

Thanks for the clarification.

Unfortunately no trials for the Order Flow+ tools is available.

To learn more about your licensing options, please contact my colleagues on the Platform Sales Team directly:

Comment

https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...derentrywindow

found it
                              ty
                              Last edited by yamin2000; 01-02-2020, 07:22 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
                              47 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post aligator  
                              Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post jaybedreamin