Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My custom indicators will not work in v.38

Hello,

I uppgraded this morning to latest version 38.When I restarted NT I noticed that all my custom indicators are gone.When I tried to download them again I receive this message "You have custom NinjaScript files on your PC that have programming errors.These errors must be resolved before you can import a NinjaSript ArchiveFile"

What do I do?Thanks.

Hello Jurase,

Thank you for your note.

Please follow the instructions below to see where the errors are coming from after compiling the indicator. This will allow you to debug the indicator/strategy or remove it from your PC. If you are wondering why you receive an error when compiling only one indicator, it is because NinjaTrader always compiles all indicators and strategies - not just one. This is done to give you the highest runtime performance possible.

Open NinjaTrader
    From the Control Center select the Tools menu--> select the Edit NinjaScript menu item--> select Indicator
    Select ANY indicator and double click on it (we need only to open and compile one script to see all compile errors for all files).
    A new window will appear and you will need to right click in the window and select Compile to compile the indicators.
    At the bottom of the window, a new section will appear where you can find the error locations.
    From there you have the option to comment out offending code sections, remove the complete indicator or debug it to be able to compile again.
    If you are unsure as to what the error is indicating, please send me a screenshot of the NinjaScript File column and Error column fully visible (not to be confused with the Code column)

We have also collected more comprehensive steps for resolving NinjaScript programming errors in this tip in our Help Guide:

NinjaTrader 7 - How do I resolve NinjaScript Programming Errors?
    Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.

Comment

I tried to send screenshot but it seems I don't know how to do it.
        I receive Error code CS0006 when I try to compile indicator.This error code is decribed as "other".

Comment

Thank you for your reply.

This indicates you are missing some required reference DLL’s or have corrupted ones listed - please follow the steps below to rectify the errors.

In Control Center menu bar go to Tools > Edit NinjaScript > Indicator
          In the indicator dialog select any indicator and click on the ‘Ok’ button.
          This will open the NinjaScript editor for you :

Right click in the code section of the NinjaScript editor.
          In the context menu click on ‘References’
          In the Reference dialog, if a reference to the noted DLL files exists already then select the DLL’s which are giving errors one by one and click on the ‘Remove’ button.
          After removing, add back the reference with the right path :

In the Reference dialog, Click on the ‘Add’ button.
          Select all the missing DLL’s (located in the Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom\ folder or in the NinjaTrader installation folder, typically C:\Program Files (x86)\NinjaTrader 7\bin64) one by one and then click ‘Ok’. [Please adjust if needed for 32 bit setup]
          Compile the indicator now by pressing F5.
          The issues should be resolved and your NT should be again in properly compiled state
          Please also see the section “How to add a reference” from our help guide
          http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...indicators.htm

If you run into any issues fixing the issue with the steps provided please let us know and we can setup a remote assistance session with one of our techs (PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]Com)
          Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by rdtdale, Today, 01:02 PM
          0 responses
          1 view
          0 likes
          Last Post rdtdale
          by rdtdale

Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM