Best compatible data with IB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best compatible data with IB

My broker is Interactive Brokers and i do have lots of limitations from them in terms of data feed and connectivity such as number of symbol limits and historical data, etc.
    I am shopping around for a data feed service that would be compatible with IB both in equities and forex. I am doing the IQFeed free trial now but their Forex symbols are different than IBs and not sure how to fix it.
    I keep getting error messages upon data download. Any suggestions? Should I try a differen data provider?
    Thanks

Please go to the Instrument Manager and remove the forex instruments from your instrument list. Go to Tools-->Options-->Misc-tab and click Reset Instruments. Add the forex instruments back to your instrument list and check if you receive data for them while connected to IQFeed.

If not, please tell me what the error message exactly states.

In addition, you can find all supported data feed providers and the services they offer at the link below.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
      Please go to the Instrument Manager and remove the forex instruments from your instrument list. Go to Tools-->Options-->Misc-tab and click Reset Instruments. Add the forex instruments back to your instrument list and check if you receive data for them while connected to IQFeed.

If not, please tell me what the error message exactly states.

In addition, you can find all supported data feed providers and the services they offer at the link below.
      http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...ricalData.html
      Since IB at times does not supply data over the weekend, when I was doing the Ninja free trial I used my Ameritrade account over the weekend. Now that I have my live trading license with IB is there any way to connect to Ameritrade just for data (not for trading)? Otherwise is there a free data service I can use on the weekends?

Comment

Hello,

You can use your free license to trade in sim mode and connect to any data feed. If you don't have your free license any more please email us from Help>Mail to Support and request one.
        DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Jonafare, 12-06-2012, 03:48 PM
        5 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post rene69851  
        Started by Fitspressorest, Today, 01:38 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes