Data error on ES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Data error on ES

Can you please tell me how to fix this error? It says i am requesting data for 2013
    Attached Files

This looks like an Interactive Brokers historical data error and typically means there is no data available for the instrument/contract month you're requesting. We need to find out how/why that older ES contract is being requested by your NinjaTrader.

Please answer the following questions:
    • What version of NinjaTrader 8 are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 8.0.X.0)
    • Who are you connected to? This is displayed in green on lower left corner of the Control Center window.
    • How many workspaces are open? If you close all but one workspace, does the issue persist? To close a workspace, go to the Control Center > Workspaces > Click on 'close' which appears when hovering over the workspace name.
    • What is the 'days to load' property of all data series on all open charts? Right-click on your chart > Data series > Locate the 'Days to load ' property
    • What is your merge policy? Control Center > Tools > Options > Market Data > 'Merge policy' property.
    • Do you receive an error on screen (other than the one in your screenshot)? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?

Comment

What version of NinjaTrader 8 are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 8.0.X.0) NinjaTrader 64-bit 7.0.1000.37

Who are you connected to? This is displayed in green on lower left corner of the Control Center window. Interactive Brokers
      How many workspaces are open? If you close all but one workspace, does the issue persist? Oonly onne workspace open.Yes it persists

What is the 'days to load' property of all data series on all open charts? it varries; some are 4-10 days. the 1440 minute chart loads 120 days.
      What is your merge policy? Control Center > Tools > Options > Market Data > 'Merge policy' property. MergeBackAdjusted

Do you receive an error on screen (other than the one in your screenshot)? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?
      Market data farm connection is inactive but should be available upon demand.jfarm 2108
      Requested market data is not subscribed. 354

Comment

The messages you see in your log make it seem like your Interactive Brokers account does not have the necessary subscriptions to provide NinjaTrader with the data you're requesting.

Is this a new development? In other words, was it working without issue previously? Or is this the first time you're hooking up Interactive Brokers and has been occurring ever since?

Can you confirm with Interactive Brokers that you have a real-time data subscription to the ES? Please double check with Interactive Brokers support.

Were you previously connected to any other data feeds? If so, what were they?

Comment

This is not a new error. I have been closing the pop up for a few months. It began to be a problem when I set up a new workspace with multiple timeframe charts. 3 minute, 5 minute, 15 minute, 60 minute, 240 minute, 1440 minutes and weekly. I have since closed weekly. IB says they do not have data as far back as 2013 so that is why the error. I can not find why this would be requesting data, this is a new PC with a fresh install in March of this year.

Comment

It seems that perhaps there is still an element of your workspace that is requesting that weekly data.

Could you close your current workspace, open a new blank workspace, and see if the issue persists?

Comment

I deleted a saved, previous version of the workspace and that seems to have worked. Thank you for the help!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
              2 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post algospoke  
              Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
              3 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred