Math question from an idiot.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Math question from an idiot.

Scenario: I was drawing two fib circles of the same size (or so I thought) but were actually different size 1 tick off.

It would appear when I added x ticks to get my distance for one circle it used the tick high. But when I subtracted the same x ticks to get my distance for the other circle in the other direction it used the tick price low. So Ninja used use the high of the tick for adds and low of the tick for subtracts to draw the circle.

I have now resolved the issue to my satisfaction and put in a fix is but is there something in the ninja documentation which describes this behavior.
    I understand it and seems perfectly natural now I just didn't know Ninja behaved that way.

Hello ct,

Thank you for your post.

I noted you posted this same post twice. Doing so causes tying up resources with our platform support and delays our ability to respond to all customers in a timely manner. We've removed the duplicate post and will respond on this one.

Drawing tools have fairly minimal documentation in NInjaTrader. I've put in a feature request for you to improve the documentation for drawing tools such as the Fibonacci Circles. This can be tracked under the number SFT-4171.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.

Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kate View Post
      Hello ct,

Thank you for your post.

I noted you posted this same post twice. Doing so causes tying up resources with our platform support and delays our ability to respond to all customers in a timely manner. We've removed the duplicate post and will respond on this one.

Drawing tools have fairly minimal documentation in NInjaTrader. I've put in a feature request for you to improve the documentation for drawing tools such as the Fibonacci Circles. This can be tracked under the number SFT-4171.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.
      Kate

In 557 posts I have never posted double so I have an excellent history over a decade of complying with your request. I hold in high regard and value very highly the technical resources who reply to my questions at NinjaTrader and do all I can to reduce their efforts in responding to me. I worked in their capacity in technical support for many years and know it is a thankless and often abused position to be in. I have never abused Ninjatrader support staff and never will. The double post cause was due to to a website timeout error message displayed to me in my browser. The "post" button was still enabled so I wrongly assumed it had not been posted so I pressed it again. This is normally impossible because the post button is disabled when you post. I saw it was double posted but there was no delete button for the duplicate post and I did look for one. In retrospect I could have removed all the text of the duplicate but I did not think of that at the time. If this should occur again i will take corrective action and apologize profusely for any confusion or additional work caused on my part. Thank you for the request on documentation improvement. Cheers.
      Last edited by ct; 08-13-2019, 02:46 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by TradeForge, 04-19-2024, 02:09 AM
      2 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post TradeForge  
      Started by aprilfool, 12-03-2022, 03:01 PM
      3 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Adrian