Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Get data from server ( if available ) "

Hi NT,

I have configured NT to " get data from server " ( in my case, from IB ). I've seen that if you have a linked chart with a market analyzer window, just one click over the instrument and it downloads the data, then, display it. But last night I've watched this: The day's close in the daily chart was quite different from IB's one. I'm aware that sometimes this happens cause different session templates, still, in theory, when I go for an update on the chart, it should pull, not only minutes but also the daily close so the difference will disappear, but this does not happen. It seems that the only data that gets from server is "minutes". So, how can I configured this so whenever I request data from server, this data is minutes AND daily.

Thanks

Hello pstrusi,

Thank you for your post.

Do you see the same if you use a 1440 minute chart? With daily charts, users are forced to use the session template of the provider. The provider may send data out on daily bars as ETH or RTH. You could use a 1440 minute chart to have a daily chart that uses the session template that you want. For example, by creating a 1440 minute chart and applying the session template that would apply to the start/end times for the instrument (Either an RTH or ETH session template).
    Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi ShawnB,

Obviously close's prices won't match cause the difference is already downloaded in the daily data and minutes data. I went to download manager and verified this. So, if I do a Download from IB, requesting explicitly "Daily data", it will bring the right data that went wrong before, this procedure is what I want to be able to do, that every request of data that I might ask for, it downloads minutes but also daily data. Is there any way to configure this, because it seems that only updates minutes data.

Comment

Hello pstrusi,

Thank you for your post.

You may be able to accomplish this by adding both intervals to one chart. For example, in your minute chart, you can add the daily interval as a secondary data series.

Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I don't see how can it help, since when I try to update the daily chart itself and still it does not fix the difference. Don't worry, At least I have a manual procedure.
          Thanks anyway

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by cls71, Today, 04:45 AM
          0 responses
          1 view
          0 likes
          Last Post cls71
          by cls71

Started by mjairg, 07-20-2023, 11:57 PM