Global simulation mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Global simulation mode

Hello, I have full licence ninja connected to my broker with real account (IB), but at the moment, I do not want to do real trades, but sort of testing my new entry order method based on stop limit orders.... My question is - I am on my real account, connected to broker I normaly trade real trades. But once I have "Global simulation mode" active, is my entries still "filled" in real time conditions (sometimes stop limit order does not have to be filled), or is this stop limit order filled all the time, when "Global simulation mode is active? I am trying it on YM, and nearly every stop limit order is filled immediately, but I am not sure, if it is due to global simulation mode, or due to conditions on the market. Thank you for your answer.

Global simulation mode locks your NinjaTrader into trading to simulation accounts only. Nothing can perfectly simulate a live trade other than a live trade.

With that said, the simulator is a state of the art internal simulation engine that can be used to test trading ideas and hone your skills. The simulation engine is not a simple algorithm that fills your order once the market trades at your order price. The engine uses a scientific approach to determine fill probability by including a number of variables including: ask/bid volume, trade volume, time (to simulate order queue position), and random time delays for switching between order states.

Comment

Oki, thank you for answer. So it just does not "blindly" fill every limit order, it has some algorithms to decide if yes or no, however - it is still simulation, so the best is to try my ideas live anyway and see how limit order works in real world.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by Mestor, 03-10-2023, 01:50 AM
      16 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post z.franck  
      Started by rtwave, 04-12-2024, 09:30 AM
      4 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post rtwave