• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks a lot!
    I will have our coders check it out!

Comment

what charts does NT provide?
      I would estimate that you have all the common ones like barcharts, candelsticks, line... do you also provide kagi, renko, point & figure etc?
      is there a link that one can refer me to?

Comment

We support:

Time, Range, Volume, Tick charts that can be displayed as CandleStick, OHLC, HiLo or Line.

We do not support Renko, Kagi or Point and Figure at this time.
        RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,

what kind of historical data is available with NT.
          What we would need would be the historical data for the EuroSTOXX 50 Future (ESTX50; FESX) including the bid, ask and last price on a tick by tick basis!
          Also the historical prices of all major FX pairs (prices of IB) would be great, also with bid, ask and last prices!
          Is it possible to get this data when we buy NT?

Comment

Hi SwissTrader101,

NinjaTrader is not a data provider, but you can find our supported data feeds here: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...ricalData.html
            Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ninja Trader is a fine product, but I think it must be pointed out that there are issues with interfacing NT to Interactive Brokers via TWS, as I pointed out in this thread.

It seems that the problem does not lie with NT per se, but with a bug in the TWS API. This causes problems whereby NT cannot interpret the order references being returned from the TWS API.

I have revised my strategy to use SetProfitTargets and incremented SetStopLoss commands rather than the more advanced iOrder approach, however this causes problems with TWS reporting that it is unable to modify an order when SetStopLoss is incremented.

There are also issues with detecting and managing partial fills. For example, yesterday my strategy incorrectly attempted to sell short a stock on the banned list, causing my IB account to reject the order, triggering the NT strategy to terminate.

The incorrect shorting resulted from the strategy being unable to detect and manage a partially filled sell limit order. I am still unsure if this is a coding issue at our end or a symptom of the poor NT/TWS communication.

I am having so many issues with IB TWS and NT when using fully automated trading that I am now reduced to displaying the entry triggers on the chart from the strategy and manually trading them via the basic entry screen.

These problems were experienced with connecting NT and the automated strategy to our IB paper trade account. I dare not use the system on a live account at the moment.

Hopefully this will change when NT kindly issue the custom update promised in the above thread, but in the meantime, reliable automation between NT and IB TWS is not a reality.

Chris
              Last edited by Operandi; 10-01-2008, 06:10 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
              5 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post Bidder
              by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM
              4 responses
              0 likes