License connection problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

License connection problem

Hi, I have not been around for few years now. Since my Server needs update I logged to the server where we used to run the trading scripts, started the NT7 (v7.0.1000.22) and I seem to encounter similar issues as this guy here:https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...nection-issues
    I got the same dialog window (cannot connect to servers, check firewall, etc..). The license we once bought was multibroker. Is there some general issue or is it individual one? What do you suggest? I do not want to disclose the license publicly here so what should I do? The server is hosted at FDC servers in Chicago and is scheduled for an update (removal due to update of an OS) on June Wednesday 17th. Certainly I can install any NT version later on other computer. It is just you may be able to verify we used to run the license from that IP address 67.159.5.164 (if there is any verification issue). Is it going to work fine in newer version of NT (NT8)? I expect we might return back to trading sometime next year and could use that license again.
    Thanks
    N.
    Update: I just installed a fresh newly downloaded NT8 on another computer (in my home country), entered that license key and in the about window it shows: License: Regular. Can I consider that as a "license that works just fine which can be used anytime in the future with any broker"? I hope I can.
    Last edited by nicknamed; 07-15-2019, 05:26 PM.

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Glad to hear you were able to verify with NinjaTrader 8. This is due to the older version in use. Newer versions of 7 and 8 should verify correctly and allow a connection. You can see the broker options you have to connect to via Connections > Configure.

For additional options, our sales team would be able to best verify broker options specific to your key - you may email PlatformSales[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]Com along with your key and the broker in question you would like to add/inure about.

If needed, you may update NinjaTrader 7 with the steps below:

First, to update NinjaTrader, please follow the steps below:
    • First get your license key from NinjaTrader under Help> License Key then exit NinjaTrader
    • Click on the link: http://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect
    • Enter your license key and press Submit
    • Select 'NinjaTrader 7'
    • Select 'Download'
    • Critical: Before running the installer, ensure NinjaTrader is closed.

Lastly, to reset your instruments, please follow the steps below:
    • Disconnect from your data feed: NinjaTrader Control Center> File> Disconnect> Select your data feed
    • Reset your Instruments: NinjaTrader Control Center> Tools> Options> Data tab> Reset Instruments>OK
    • Restart NinjaTrader> Connect (NinjaTrader Control Center> File> Connect> Select your connection
    Let us know if we may assist further..
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by rocketman7, Today, 02:12 AM
    4 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post q0t6p5
    by q0t6p5

Started by trilliantrader, 04-18-2024, 08:16 AM