Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Display mini-data box values on chart

Hello,
    I know this has been asked a few years ago, but I wonder maybe this has changed.
    Using the "mini data box" is cumbersome - it requires holding of the mouse button and more importantly it obscures parts of the chart.
    What I would like is to have the data from the "mini data box" displayed on the lower part of the chart, while hovering across bars, without a need to press any mouse key.
    Is this possible ?
    Thanks

This is not possible by default but would certainly be possible with custom programming. Unfortunately I couldn't locate an add-on which does this on our forums. I encourage you to browse through the available add-ons by clicking on 'Search' above and searching for items via the 'Search NinjaScript Files' tool.

Also, I encourage other users to chime in here if they know of an add-on which accomplishes this.

The alternative would be to make room for the full-size data box which does display these values on mouse-over. More can be learned here:

Comment

Hello,
      Thanks for your reply.
      I have no problem with a custom programming - I did this but the program updates according to "OnBarUpdate". So basically, what is displayed are the values for the last bar.
      Is there some custom way to display data according to "bar hovering" ? in other words how do I convey to the Ninjascript the information on which bar is currently hovered? it would be great if this was possible !
      Thanks

Comment

Please clarify - you'll be developing this add-on for NinjaTrader 7 or NinjaTrader 8?

Comment

Hey Leope,

I would love this feature also - many if not all other platforms have this available. We would just like it to show data from where ever the crosshair/mouse is - I still use NT7, would you be writing it for this?

Thanks

Comment

Hello,
            yes, I want to do it for NT7 .
            Is there some sample code you can refer me to ?
            What I mostly missing is how to obtain bar data [e.g open, close, high, low, volume] based on mouse location on the chart.
            Thanks

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the post.

Yes, the mouse portion of this would be the most difficult as that would be a subject we had not supported or documented for NT7 specifically. Going forward in NT8 there are many more samples including mouse use.

For an NT7 example of using mouse events, I was able to locate the following post which shows subscribing to the ChartControls mouse events: https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...ead.php?t=8039
              This also seems to have the conversion methods in it for converting X to Bar and Y to Price. You would likely need to do something similar to identify what the mouse is hovering.

As for displaying the data, once a bar and price are located like the example, you could use the Plot override or Drawing Objects to display the data. For an example of rendering, you could see the CustomPlotSample script. Otherwise, the DrawingObjects are all documented in the help guide: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...t7/drawing.htm

I look forward to being of further assistance.
              JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by WeyldFalcon, 12-10-2020, 06:48 PM
              14 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post Handclap0241  
              Started by Barry Milan, Today, 10:35 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes