Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

error to connect to IB

Hi !

I installed first IB with the version from your web page(887). Then I installed the latest NT. I created in NT the connection to IB (how you explain on your website), and after that I tried to connect, but I get this error message :

"Fatal error: one of the following jar files is missing from the classpath:
    jfreechart-1.0.9.jar
    jcommon-1.0.12.jar
    Please make sure you run the application from the shortcut that was installed on your desktop
    or on the Start menu when you upgraded. The application will now terminate"

Could you help me to make NT running with IB datafeed ?

Thanks,

Adriano

Hello Adriano,

Could you please set "Host" in the IB connectionin NinjaTrader to "localhost" instead of the default number that is entered.

Check if the error persists.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Jason,

Now I get this error message :

"Login failed: IB.Adapter.MessageLoop No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 127.0.0.1:7496"

Best regards,
      Adriano

Comment

Can you please install the custom NinjaTrader build at the link below. Please follow the steps listed a post #51.

Comment

I forgot to mention to recreate you IB account connection per the instructions at the link below after installing the custom build.

Comment

Hello Jason !

Thanks. Now it works.

But now I want to connect my NT to a computer in my network which get the data feed and has a Trader Workstation from IB open. I put the IP address of that computer in Host field of
            my IB connection in NT, but after I try to connect it comes this error :

"Login failed: IB.Adapter.MessageLoopA connection attempt failed because the connected
            party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed
            because connected host has failed to re".

When I use the command PING, I get an answer, so the communication between computers works.

Do you have any idea what I can do ?

Thanks,
            Adriano

Comment

Can you please ensure you use the same value for "Port" in NinjaTrader and TWS.

Could a firewall or router in your network setup possibly prevent the connection to be established?

Comment

I just updated my NinjaTrader and now I have the same error regarding "jfreechart" and "jcommon" when trying to connect to IB. I tried installing the latest Java runtime, but same result.

I tried renaming the "host" in my connection from "127.0.0.1" to "localhost". I now get an error saying "Login failed: IB.Adapter.MessageLoop No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it :: 1 : 7496" I verified in TWS and NT that they are both using the same port.

However, I opened TWS and THEN I connected with Ninjatrader and it seemed to work. Previously, NT would automatically open TWS in one step.

Any ideas to get it to work the way it previously did?

Daniel
                Last edited by neoikon; 10-29-2008, 08:36 AM.

Comment

Hi Daniel,

Can you please ensure you have NinjaTrader 6.5.1000.7 installed and TWS 887.

Make sure TWS is configured correctly as well according to the instructions at the link below.

Comment

I'm running TWS build 888.3, Java 1.6.0.10, and NT 6.5.1000.7.

Still doesn't automatically open TWS when I try and connect. However, if I open TWS first, then connect in NT, it connects fine. *shrug*

Daniel

Comment

Please downgrade TWS to version 887 and check if TWS opens up automatically upon connecting to IB in NinjaTrader.

Recreate your IB connection using the connection guide provided in post #9 after you installed TWS 887.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by jxs_xrj, 01-12-2020, 09:49 AM
                      6 responses
                      1 like
                      Last Post jgualdronc  
                      Started by Touch-Ups, Today, 10:36 AM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes